Thread: Colostrum - why don't I have any?

Default Colostrum - why don't I have any?

I know not everybody leaks/produces colostrum whilst pg, but my q is if I am trying to squeeze some out of my breasts, do I squeeze the whole breast or just the areola/nipple area?

Usually you work from the outside of the breast to the nipple area, like a gentle massage type movement. HTH

I wouldn't do that too much though. When I had Jackson, he would start to suck and nothing would come out, so the midwife told me to squeeze out a little drop to get him started, and then it sort of became habbit and I actually developed nipple thrush which was excruciating, I have since been told that maybe that was the reason for it!!

dont worry if you dont get any. i never got any during preg and am still breastfeeding 9 months on....

I never had any while pg either, and had great milk supply while b/f.

I never had any and couldn't express any either before the birth of DD but have absolutely no problem breastfeeding.

I leaked like a drain when pg Olivia, but never managed to squeeze out a drop when pg with Charlie or Lexie....my supply was fine with all 3..........but it did stress me a bit when I was in the final weeks with Charlie not to be leaking........as such I really tried to squeeze some out using a hand expressing motion..........nada.........but as soon as he was actually born it flooded out of me...........

I leak but only a little and it sometimes happens when something brushes against my nipple. I don't think you would want to try and make it happen, it might start happening all the time, and you get wet patches on your tops etc.

I agree with the otehrs - don't worry because producing colostrum during pg doesn't seem to have anything to do with BF afterwards. I never leaked the whole time I BF, which was for 9 months till I got pg with Little One and things dried up (that's a different story though)