Thread: Concert-going when "with child"

Default Concert-going when "with child"

I have read so many articles about going to concerts when you're pregnant that I just dont know what to think. Part of me is saying dont worry it'll be fine the baby's nice and safe from the noise in there, and the other part of me is going 'you are so selfish! how can you even think about going with 18 days to go!!!"
    I'm going to the Pearl Jam concert tonight in Brisbane and i've been waiting 3.5 years for them to come back and i've already got my ticket but i still have such twinges of guilt!!!!
    I'm not worried about going into early labour or anything, my main concern - which is what i'd like other's opinions about - is if you think the baby will be ok with the noise. I ask my ob he said it's fine. and PLEASE dont tell me i should be thinking of the baby and not my own auditory pleasure because i know

Hi Tara.

I had tickets to see Kylie last May but due to her postponing, my concert date is now Nov 23rd. I have decided to sell my ticket, but not because of the noise. I am just a little concerned that other people might be jumping/dancing around (drunk or otherwise) and I don't want to risk being bumped into or pushed. I am gutted as it took me ages to get the tickets and I was so looking forward to it but I just wouldn't forgive myself if some other person, just having a good time, knocked me and it did something to jeopordise my bub.
    If you have tickets where you think this isn't a possibilty I would go for it, but otherwise I wouldn't...sorry hun - just my personal thoughts anyway

I had thought of the being bumped bit, but it's all seated, i can sit between my husband and other male friend so i'm okay with that. it's really just the noise i'm worried about i think.

It's a sit down concert so I would def go. Esp if you're with two guys, i fa fight or something kicks off at least you have them with you. I wouldn't worry, I would def go - i'm v jealous!

Hello - I think if you want to go, go!! I wouldn't hesitate, if bubba hears loud noises there's no way it can damage hearing (think about when you're lying in the bath and someone's talking to you, you can hardly hear it through the water, right)? The thing to watch out for is to stay well away from the Mosh. It sounds like you've got that covered, so ENJOY YOURSELF!

Thanks! that makes me feel much better...mostly because it's what I wanted to hear! Pearl Jam actually banned moshing at concerts due to some unfortunate fatalities in Germany (...i think).
    Rock on girlfriends!

Tara - I used to regularly cover First Aid at major concerts (and I know what incident you're refering to ) and say go for it! You'll be fine. You would be surprised at how many pregnant women actually go to concerts! Have a great time and enjoy the show!

MG

Tara, go and enjoy yourself hun. You are going to be seated anyway. Bub will probably love it.

Taralee...
    I saw Pearl Jam on Tuesday... My baby kicked me when Kings Of Leon ended, and when PJ left the stage before their 2 encores... when the music was on, I imagine that my baby was kicking back, enjoying the music. You will have a fantastic time, if you're worried, just wear more clothing.

It's all good hun Just today I was at a friends and we were having a jam with the boys ...had the drums, bass and electric all going...bubs just kicked around a bit every now and then...but won't hurt bubs - all is very well insulated in there for them. Have a FANTASTIC time...I'm just down the road from the entertainment centre...so I'm wishing I was there...hehe.

malimum Guest

Hi Taralee, i wouldnt worry to much, as every1 else has said the bubs is well protected in there. Go and have a good time. I was 5 months pg with my son when i went and seen Bon Jovi with my best friend and it was gr8 and mah son likes Bon Jovi...lol. When i was nearly 6 months i went on a bus tour to different night clubs and had a blast. Although that pg i didnt really show that much. Then when i was 7 months i went and seen Madonna and that was amazing. I never went alone tho. The most time i went to concerts and stuff was when i was pg....

And when ur pg ur alwayz aware of ur surroundings ne way. I say go & have a good time, i would love to go c Pearl Jam.

bye

How was the concert?? Did bub enjoy the music?

Far be it for me to be sitting alone and listless at a breakfast table in an otherwise empty room as I think it is safe to say bubs will be a child of Pearlers after thoroughly enjoying the concert! It was fantastic (as if it wasnt going to be)! We left before the last 3 songs just to avoid being crushed in the crowds leaving (i shed a tear at leaving while eddie was still rocking away - I wouldve looked at little wild-eyed and crazy Mary-ish) .
    A good time was had by all!

Yay Tara!!! I am glad to hear you had a great time... and that we are both raising little Jammers!!! lol
    My 12yr old has grown up on PJ and loves them... his middle name is after Eddie