Thread: confused about mucus plug

betty.boop1 Guest

Question confused about mucus plug

i have read the thread that tara posted about the mucus plug, but now Im a bit confused as I am 35 weeks and I pretty sure that I have not list mine yet. When does this usually happen and exactly what am I supposed to be looking for? Is it just like normal body fluid as mine has increased a little since pregnancy but nothing too different. Can someone help?

I didn't lose mine until a couple of days before both labours. I think they can vary in description. Mine was very thick and was tinged with blood (sorry if TMI!). Don't worry if you haven't lost it yet, you still have a little while to go. Best of luck for a wonderful delivery.

It can happen anytime really. With DS it happened after my waters had broken at 39 weeks. With DD I never really saw it as I was induced so didnt take much notice.

I am sure others will jump on and say there experiences etc. But I definitely wouldnt worry too much. There is no time set on when you should lose your musuc plug. I can remember it being like thick clear vaginal discharge globs. Hopefully someone who has been through it more recently then me will enlighten you some more.

Goodluck Jac

I haven't lost mine yet, and my EDD is a week away!

Pretty sure I'm losing mine at the moment - it is clear, stretchy, and in big globs, sometimes it has been pink or tinged with blood.

Some people never notice if they lose theirs, so don't worry too much about it!

I lost mine the morning that I went into labour (at 1pm).

I lost mine the night i went into labour. It was a redcolour like a blob of blood. (sorry if that sounds yuk!)

Jen

I lost mine on tuesday and Claire was born on the following saturday. She was born at 38.5 weeks. Mine looked like a big snot blob with some blood in it.

LOL, big snot blob explains it well.

With DS, I lost all mine at once when my waters broke and it was huge, browny clear glob.

With DD and this pregnancy, I lost it in bits. Looks like clear gel globs that can't pull apart, sometimes with blood or discoloured.

I lost mine about 2 days before my waters broke & contractions started.

I wouldn't be worried at all. It may not come away until you are well into labour.

I didn't lose mine. I probably did when the OB broke my waters but I certainly didn't prior to labour or going to the hospital.

with mya i lost mine the day she was born ~ 40weeks exactly ~. With Bodhi i lost bits & peices of it for about a week b4 he was born ~probably about 40weeks aswell since i was 7 days overdue ~