Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contractions located low on belly?

Default Contractions located low on belly?

After speaking to a lady the other day who has a 6 month old (her second child which she birthed at home after a quick 5 hour labour), she was asking if I was getting any BH which I said yes to. I also mentioned that I get alot of what feels to be contractions at the bottom of my belly. She said she got exactly the same thing with her last baby and aching in her back prior to her membranes rupturing.

My question is probably for any midwives or doulas to confirm that this is all you can get sometimes? I remember contractions with James coming in waves from the top of my abdomen down - what I'm experiencing with these contraction-like sensations under my belly is nothing like those. My BH are strong when they happen and my entire abdomen tightens.

Could the discomfort low down simply be my cervix dilating? It does go very firm to the touch when I feel it.

Hi Mrsr
    Yes it is quite common for women to feel their first contractions low down often at about or just above the level of their pubic hair line. When you next get this feeling at the bottom of your belly put your hand at the top of your bump and if you feel your belly tightening then this is a good sign that labour is not too far away. Fingers crossed for you hun

I distinctly remember contractions feeling like a pulling across my lower belly, almost from hip to hip. That was when I knew I was in labour (cause BH just felt like tightenings).

Yep, I'm the same. When I feel those pains I visualise my cervix pulling up and open ready for baby to come through. I swear by it.

I've just had a show....a nice big clear, yellowy glob.

PS...Alan, nice to see you're not being a cheeky monkey today.

WooHoo Lucy-Ann,

Hopefully bubby won't be too far away now!!!

Well...its past record of faking left, then faking right, then NOTHING...is playing on my mind!!

Cheeky who me never lol

I would be willing to bet that your baby is going to be born before the due date perhaps another 2=3 days with luck

Yes i'm agreeing with Alan....

But tomorrow would be a great day!!! ( My birthday)

Hey mrsr - good to hear that the little one is finally coming!! I bet you were starting to think it was going to be a no-show - these contractions and pre-labour symptoms have been keeping you guessing for a while now!

Can't wait to hear the next episode of the mrsr series - I just hope it is the season finale!!

Alan...2-3 days ain't cool.

Leah, if it's not your birthday tomorrow, it could be born one of my staff member's birthday on Sunday!!

Thanks Suse - here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Have just had a massive surge of energy - damn this nesting.

Goodluck , i will take my phone to bed with me tonight....

Sending loads of labour vibes your way

Thanks Leah!

Goodluck!!!! Hopefully the birth announcement is sooner then later.

I'm still sitting here in one piece *yaaaaawn* and am feeling uncomfortable. I keep feeling pressure on my bladder (?) as baby moves and I keep hoping that I'm going to feel that "pop" of my membranes rupturing. No sense in sitting up...best I go to bed and rest.

Hello.....has our cheer squad done the trick for you yet ??

Waiting,Waiting,Waiting...come on Ramlet

can I pop in here? I've been having the same painful tightenings across the lower pubic region and yes, my whole belly goes tight. I've been having them off and on for a week now. I can't get comfy day or night and all I wanna do is go swimming. Forget nesting right now. I wanna relax in my pool, but hard to do that with two toddlers. I went to the loo this morning and I had a chunk of greeny/yellow cm come away, a bigish glob. This happened twice. But my BH's have even backed off. Bryce isn't moving as much and I just don't feel like anything will happen yet. I feel my body is still a while away from labour. I'm just curious that this is happening to me already? Any ideas? Is it just my body preparing? Could I be wrong and it be going to happen sooner? My stress levels dropped a bit as mum helped me get SOME things at least set up for bub last week. At least now I don't feel like if he arrived tmw, nothing would be ready for him! But I am def curious as to what others think?! I've only ever been induced and c/s'd so I have no real idea of what is really going on, except to just wait and see. Should I alert my Doula to this or just wait and see?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast