Thread: could this be early labour?

jessawee Guest

Default could this be early labour?

i woke up this morning with the worst lower back pain, accompanied by tightenings in my tummy, no real pain yet in the tummy, just the back pain is almost unbearable. im due tomorrow, and my belly doesnt seemed to have dropped, although the doctor told me that baby's head was nearly fully engaged.
    i have already had one false alarm so just wondering if the back pain was present for anyone else just before labour?

When I went into labour with DD2 it was like that, I had her the next night. I hate this stage of pg cause it feels like every feeling could be it! Sometimes it is too LOL

When I was in labour, I never had pain in my tummy, with each contraction, the pain would go up my legs and through the bottom of my back/pelvis area. So you could be. Good luck.

jessawee Guest

thanks,
    its just so hard with first baby, cause i have no idea!
    and i dont want to get excited for nothing

I don't think it gets any easier LOL

I agree Mrsmac. Even after 3 babies with my 4th I still wasn't 100%. Soon enough I knew though.

If it is early labour sit back and relax. You more than likely have quite some time to go hun

Goodluck !!

How exciting Just before I went in to labour, i had mildly painful contractions. It started as pain low down in my back and moved around to my tummy and thighs and then my tummy went really tight. I had some pain in my tummy too. I hope that makes sense? Anyhow, I had 22 hours of that, 7 minutes apart before my waters broke and I started getting full-on contractions 3 minutes apart. I hope something happens for you soon. Its so annoying when you dont know what it is!

I had lower back pain and my belly just felt really uncomfortable and weird like a mix between feeling sick and a tight belly. I hope you are getting to meet your bubby soon!!! All the best!

dawnatello12 Guest

i can relate!
    i have had a few really bad nights in the last few weeks with cramps, back pain, restlessness, etc etc. i was 2 cm dilated and dr said could go at anytime. unfortunately this week i made no progress so the same and he said didn't think was immenient. soo...i hope that i dont have much longer with these false / pre labour sympotms. i find i get cramps and they get stronger and stronger and after 4-6 hours they go away.

i just tell myself they are GOOD for me, means the cervix is thinnning and geting ready to have a baby!!

My friend had pre labour for about 2 weeks

I found I was very restless the day I went into labour...didn't think it at the time but looking back I was and particularly when I went to bed and was laying down, that was the worst for me.