Thread: Cramping at 37 weeks

dawnatello12 Guest

Default Cramping at 37 weeks

I am just 2 days shy of 37 weeks. Last night I woke up and thought labour was starting. I had cramps like a period for about 2-3 hours before I fell back to sleep. I was able to use the washroom but they continued so it wasn't that. I also had some this morning although not as strong. The cramps were not in sequence or anything like that, not like a contraction.

This is my first pregnancy and as I have never been in labour before, I was wondering if others had this a few weeks before, a few days before?? What should I be prepared for?

I was also thinking that mabe the baby engaged last night. She has been nearly there at last appt and feels like I have a bowling ball between my legs but feels the same this morning.

Anyone wanna share similar experiences or what they felt in those last few weeks.

I would say that your body is starting pre-labour, where it is getting ready for the actual birth - this can take days or weeks. There is an article on the main site I will hunt out for you that should give you a better idea.

ETA - Here it is http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...n-early-labour
    Last edited by Trillian; April 7th, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

I pre-laboured with my last for 10 days before actual labour started. I found it really exciting although a little tiring at times. Take care and rest as much as possible.

Yep, sounds like prelabour. I had this for about a month before my first baby was born and am starting to get it now with this pregnancy. It seems to happen in the middle of the night more than any other time which is inconvenient as its hard to sleep through!

GL and it's great your body is preparing itself