Thread: Cramps and stabbing pain really low down in pelvis

Question Cramps and stabbing pain really low down in pelvis

I just wanted to ask on here how common it is to be getting AF-like cramps (like a dull ache) and kind of like stabbing pains really low in my pelvis? Combined with a lot of BHs its really not pleasant!

The stabbing pains are like my little girl has got her toe and is digging it into my cervix!!!! I'd probably think that was it except her head is down so i'm pretty sure her toes aren't down there too!

It also hurts a bit when I move around or if I lean forward, kind of cramping and pressure like I need to go do number 2s really urgently except I don't need to go at all...

I've been a bit sick, vomiting last night and really restless, up almost every hour. I also had a problem doing number 1s yesterday, I couldn't go at all, except maybe 2-3 mls at a time, and it got really painful in my back/kidney area (but thats settled down a bit now, still not peeing as much but at least its not frustrating tiny little dribbles).

I'm just wondering if this stuff is normal for 3rd tri/34 weeks...? I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and was just going to bring it up then, but am wondering if it is normal or not (don't really feel like sitting around the hospital right now, i'm grumpy enough as it is without being poked and proded and then sent home because it is in fact nothing).

I'm not worried about bub, she is in there wriggling away as usual.

Wonder if you have a UTI maybe?

Hey Leash
    I'm getting the stabbing pains in the cervix but thats it really. I'd probably ring the MW and explain what you are experiencing especially since you went into labour a few weeks ago. Try and drink water as well cos you were up all night sick you'd be dehydrated
    hope that helps

:-S oh, that would've been a good thing to mention too! I'm a bit of an airhead today MW is calling me back later to chat. I'm going to have to go in anyway I can just tell

I think you may have a UTI, I had a kidney infection and UTI a couple of yeahs ago, and symptoms all sound the same as what I had, try to get your fluids up, drink lots!! At least that will get things moving!! It is very uncomfortable and painful, I couldn't sit stand lie or anything - terrible feeling.

Hope your MW gets back to you quickly with some advice as well

when reading your post my very first thought was a UTI as well, I got plenty of those whilst pregnant and had all the same symptoms.

Thanks everyone, MW called back she said probably UTI and she'll do a test on Thursday

Maybe try drinking some Ural until Thursday just to settle the acidity ... I had quite a few UTI's last 2 pregnancies (and none this time so far!).

Do I just go to the chemist to get the Ural (haven't ever used it before)?

Ural is from the chemist
    If you can - also drink cranberry juice

Just keep on drinking water, to "thin" out your urine

Hope you feel better sweetheart!

if you can drink some cranberry juice i would advise that..when i had a kidney infection that was the best thing that helped the most...
    good luck

Leasha-that sounds really uncomfortable for you. I agree with everyone else, drink as much as you can and try ural. I hope it eases for you soon. All the best