Thread: Diarrhea.. labour symptoms or flu?

Default Diarrhea.. labour symptoms or flu?

Hi Guys,

The past week i had the flu really bad. Started with a cough, then sore throat, runny nose etc then lead to my chest where my doctor put me on antibiotics and after having problems breathing sent me for a chest xray which was fine and ended up putting me on a Nebulisor and giving me puffas to help my breathing. Since i am on the road to recovery with still battling a bit of a cough and runny nose every now and then. But since Monday arvo i have needed to go to the bathroom 4 times and each i have had diarrhea (TMI). I was told at my antenatal class that diarrhoea can be a sign that labour isnt too far away as your body clears out everything in it to prepare but i dont know if its just the ended of my flu also?
    I have a hospital appointment this afternoon so i will let them know but just wondering if anyone else has had this towards the end of their pregnancy?

Heaps of women here have gotten diarrhea when they were about to go into labor - I was reading a thread last night and like, 80% women said they'd gotten it.....mind you I can't remember (or find) the threads name...sorry! Perhaps it was a poll?

I had the runs with my first but only on the day that I went into labour with him. I would think that having it for a few days it's more than likely just the runs. Sorry. But of course I could be wrong. Could it be from your antibiotics???

Just a thought. Anyways, hope you start to feel better. Nothing worse than going into labour when your sick.

I thought your AB's could be the cause also. With both my boys I had the "clean out" happen the day before & day of labour.
    It was the full on runs either, just alot softer then normal & more frequent. But it wasn't running to the toilet before I mess my self KWIM.
    Mention tonight for sure & make sure you keep your fluids up too. Maybe some probiotics to settle down the flora in your gut. The AB's would have messed with that.

Mine was the FULL ON runs for a full day and night like I've never had before. I could hardly leave the loo, and had to use those sorbent wet wipes LOL coz man was I sore! sorry TMI. The person who invented those things is a genius! The cramping from that then became stronger and turned out to be labour. Had bub 2 days later. And I was at 37 weeks

I had the runs with DD but it only started early in the morning and my water broke late that night.
    I'm thinking the antibiotics as well, they're notorious for playing havoc with people's digestive system

Thanks guys.
    I mensioned it at my appointment yesterday afternoon and the midwife said exactly what you guys have, that its most probably due to the antibiotics Phheww! Even though i want bubs to be here now, i also want to wait until ive finished work and am organised.
    Thanks again!