Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I just wet myself??

Default Did I just wet myself??

Ok this is kinda gross & weird at the same time, but I just had to ask.

So I'm sitting here on the lounge posting away when all of a sudden I feel like I'm weeing. Get myself together, go to the loo & wee there. Thing is though (yes TMI) it didn't smell like wee at all. I didn't have the need to go to the loo at all as well which was weird.

It wasn't heaps, but enough to go through my underwear, pyjamas & leave a wet spot about the size of a 50c piece on the lounge.

So does my pelvic floor need more work or could it be something else? Either way, it makes me nervous 8-[

Sarah, I had a lot of leaking like this from 34 weeks.......I was never sure if it was wee, amniotic fluid or thin discharge........so I got it checked out by the midwife to be on the safe side........they just get you to do a swab.....................maybe give them a call?

katanya Guest

Sarah I had heaps of clear discharge later in my pregnancy, and the DR tested it, because Amnio fluid can leak slowly..and if there is a tear it can get infected so best to get it checked, that said I enede up wearing pads late in pregnancy due to the amount of clear discharge it was rather ick!

When I read that, i thought your waters had broken!!! :-k

lol.

Sorry I can't be of any help at all. If I were you, I would ring your midwife. O

absolutly do that.dont risk anything a phone call will leave your mind at ease,not to mention keep your baby safe.
    nikki

Okey dokey, will ring my Dr in the morning. Do you think it might have something do with with the strep b swab I had today?

Hey Sarah, I had the same thing but it wasn't until the contractions started. They told me it was the amnio fluid too. It was a really weird feeling, and i freaked out too. If your really worried or want to know you could just to up to the hospital if you dont want to wait to see the doc. All they do it a swab with a special little cotton bud kinda thing that turns a certain colour to indicate what it is. Well thats what they did at the hospital with me.

Hope all is ok Sarah.

Good idea to get it checked tomorrow with your doctor (as you suggested).

Best wishes

I agree that you should get it checked out Sarah.

I had the exact same thing happen to me... and then a few hours later my waters full on broke and gushed everywhere! (luckily I was at home at the time!)
    From what you are saying it doesnt sound like urine at all... Does it smell like ammonia or bleach or something, cause if so then it is pretty likely to be amniotic fluid.

Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you!!

Scarlett Guest

Sarah, Kevs aunt had leaking fluid for I think a week before she went into labour and it was important to have it checked. HOpe the dr's goes well tommorrow.

layla Guest

Hmm, sounds like it could be a leakage from the amniotic sac, not that it ever happened to me. I'm sure you would know if it was wee though.
    I'll be interested to see what happens tomorrow, you could be in for an early bub!!!! :smt102

OMG Sarah, GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know what happens O

I'm taking it that you couldn't control the flow of it? I have had heaps of discharge - sometimes clear and yep sometimes it does feel like I'm wetting myself. I always where pantyliners these days. Makes for a more comfortable day. Plus I can check anything that may be coming out. If your worried and by the sounds of it you are do as the other girls said and give the Dr a ring or just pop into the labour ward - again Hey, you wanted a tour

Take care
    Trish

yup sarah, they say if you have leakage of amniotic fluid, to get it checked out straight away, let us know how you go.

Goodluck Sarah. I hope everything is ok!

Sarah - I had a similar experience but I woke up and then went to the toilet. It ended up that my waters had broken!!!! So please please get it check out soon. Best of luck.

Hey Sarah, Hope all is well.

Nic

Sarah, I will keep an eye on Arrivals!!! WOO HOO...

Good Luck, I hope all is A OK at Dr's today!

My hind waters broke first & it was a fairly constant, non stoppable trickle!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast