View Poll Results: Have you had a Linea Nigra in your Pregnancy?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 38.20%
  • No

55 61.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you develop a Linea Nigra in your pregnancy?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Did you develop a Linea Nigra in your pregnancy?

A Linea Nigra (language translation is black line) sometimes occurs in pregnancy and is a dark pigmentation of the skin, which takes the form of a black vertical line down the middle of your abdomen. So I thought I'd start a poll to see how many women have had a Linea Nigra in pregnancy, which may occur early or late in pregnancy, but generally around month 4-5 and usually fades around 3 months post partum.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I didnt develop this line with ds and i was worried that i was abnormal, i havnt got it with this baby either.

Yes I did, it apeared at around 32 weeks and is pretty faint as I am quite dark skinned for an Aussie with British background. I must admit I was pretty excited when I saw it, made everything more real!!

I did in both of my pregnancies and they were pretty faint. I never actually noticed the one with Kameron till after I had him although mum kept telling me i had one LOL

Love

Yep, sure did... pretty dark too!

I did, it was quite faint and I didn't notice until John pointed it out!

Yes I did with my other pg's but not so far with this bub and I'm nearly 24 weeks so maybe I'm a late developer this time around

Take care
    Trish

with josh, yep, really dark too, but not so far with this pregnancy, though anthony reckons he can see a faint one, i cant see one at all yet

take care
    Lesley

Nope, I did not get one...
    My cousin grew a line of hair like guys do up to her belly button, she was from the bush, so we told her it was normal for Country Folk...
    But one time her partner said it was really hair & she had an appointment to see her OB, so shaved her stomach!!! She was humongously big & due in a few weeks, but the car broke down & so she went a few days later & had forgotten about the hairy tummy!!!
    The OB was holding his hand on her tummy & feeling around & then after the check up, he told her she should not continue shaving it as it was now rough & coarse, yet had she left it, it would have all fallen out & that it was quite normal! She walked out of there so embarassed, as she said he was in his early 40's & quite sexy!!!!
    She now has a very dark line up her stomach (3 kids later) & a line of hair!!!!!
    All of her kids have been over 11lbs!!! She is quite tall & extremely thin!!!

I was too scared to look south of my belly button once I caught sight of the stretch marks :-(

But when I did, no line.

Barb.

LOL on the hair...I got hair too and waxed... have had no side effects of that now 5 months post baby and no regrowth of the hair!

No i never did or if i had i didn't notice it.

I don`t have a line yet, but have had a line of thick long dark hair growing since I was approx 4 weeks, have been wondering if I should shave it or not. Hopefully it will eventually dissapear.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee, don't shave it, if you do that you will have it forever, it might just this and disappear after PG once your hormones settle, but if it doesnt i would take the waxing or cream option so you dont get a *****ly stomach!

Thanks Min I`ll wait and see what happens, obviously all hormonal so cross fingers it will disappear after baby.

Take Care

Deeanne

I have a linea nigra, but it is really faint. It has been there for quite a few weeks now.

I am obviously the unlucky one, I have always had a line of hair. As a result I never wear tummy showing clothes. I do wax it but because my skin is so pale and my hair is dark you can always see that there is something there.

I didn't have one either.

Nic

Ooooh I think I have a really really faint one. Saw it this morning!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast