Thread: Discharge....

dannik Guest

Default Discharge....

Hi can anyone shed any light?! I am 38 weeks pregnant and last night I went to the toilet and had a massive chunk (sorry to make everyone puke) of gel like discharge, it didnt break up or anything it was white but mainly clear... then every time i went to the toilet after that there was more there??? it wasnt on my pad either when i wiped myself i felt something sticky so had to pull it off its bizarre never had discharge like it before??? i rang the hospital and they said it sounds like vaginal discharge but its not like any discharge i have ever had???? i wonder if its my mucous plug?? its not pink just clear with a bit of white in it, its consistency is like gelatine.... :eek:

I come on here to say the exact same thing as you!! LOL
    I had this happen to me this morning, doesn't appear on the pad, just when I wipe. I'm guessing it's the plug.

MMMM Maybe your plug & there is more to come. I remember with Glenn I had some thing similar & then a day or so later I had it again but with the pink/bloodish streaks in it. Labour started later that night.
    Just keep an eye on it & try not to stress.

I would say it is your mucous plug. I have had very similar with a couple of my babies. Eventually the mucous became greyer and more blood stained. I think you will notice that over the next few days.
    This is good! It means things are moving toward the time to meet your baby!!!!

i had it too, but when i went into hospital to have my dd they said it wasn't my plug, i had so much discharge that was like egg white it contuined up until i had her, they said that the plug was blood stained

How are you going? Have you had any more discharge?
    I am thinking of you...

dannik Guest

Hi girls! thanks for that, i rang the hospital and they told me that its just vaginal discharge but is so not! the colour hasnt changed but i had a heap again yesterday! i must admit i got a bit excited when i first saw it. I have an OB appt today so will let him know.....
    Flowerchild over what period of time did the colour of the mucous change? i have had it for 2 going on 3 days now... ITS WEIRD!

Mmmm it was for a week or two prior to labour. One day it started to change colour and the more blood stained greyish globs started to appear! Gorgeous!!!!!! It truly isn't at all uncommon for this jelly like loss toward term. I will be interested in what your ob says. Remembering that the mucous plug is quite significant. There is a substantial plug of mucous that protects the uterus from germs. As your cervix softens and as your hormones changes this loosens things up a bit.

dannik Guest

Well i went to my OB, yep he said it sounds like my mucous plug, i also asked him questions about the BH i have been getting he asked me do i get them often, i said YES i have them at least twice to three times a day minimum... he said he thinks this bub will arrive before due date, he did my Strep B swab and bubs looks great. He wants to give me an internal next monday to see where things are at! v exciting!

Ooooo how exciting!!
    Not the internal though! I remember with Glenn the midwife wanted to do one & I said NO THANKS!! She was ok about it though. I don't mind all of that during labour but before hand NO WAY!

Goof Guest

Oh, how exciting.........

Just wanted to tell you that with DS i also lost my plug in discharge clumps like you have described.

The OB gave me an internal and i went into labour that night! SO you may very well have your bubba early.

Goodluck