Thread: Disturbing Dream

Unhappy Disturbing Dream

Last night I had a very real and vivid dream that I had my baby but it died. It was so real that when I woke up it took a moment to gather myself and remind myself it was just a dream. Im used to strange and real dreams but I never had anything like this. I've found it really upsetting to cope with.

I couldn't count how many dreams I've had like that! It's so scary as it's so real at the time! I know how you feel and hope you don't have any other dreams like that- WHY does your subconscience do this stuff to us??

its our conscience (sp) allowing us to explore of fears/thoughts that are too upsetting/overwhelming to us in our daily lives ..

it can be very scary , recenlty i had a dream where a doctor told me i had cancer and that my baby was malformed and already passing .. she offered to remove the baby , but i insisted on a d&c but she wouldnt give me one , but would do it in her office for free ... we had fightsabout it ..it was so scary ...

Langer'sMrs Guest

Thankfully I haven't had any dreams that scary - but have definitely been having strange dreams recently. I agree with Charmalea, that it's our subconscious working out all the worries and angst we have but don't voice.
    I've dreamt that I've dropped our (soon to be born) baby, but I always catch him/her (by an arm or leg). A friend of mine whose first child is 18 months now said she still has a recurring dream about dropping her daughter as she gets her out of the car seat.

Poor thing. I keep having one that I go to the bathroom and start gushing blood all over the place.

It is a proven fact that dreams in the third trimester are much more vivd and "real" than at other times. And I agree that it is our subconscious playing out our worst fears. THe thing is, you will always have bad dreams about your kids. They don't happen often but when they do they freak the he*l out of you. Just got to tell yourself that it is just a dream..... over and over and over again.

I had lots of stillborn dreams with my 1st preg, and everything turned out fine! Haven't had any this time yet, but I'm expecting them to start soon. it's perfectly normal so try not to let them upset you.

I'm worried because I haven't been dreaming much about the baby at all (except one last week where I went into labour...)

It's got to the point where when I wake up in the morning, I have to remember that I'm pregnant! As soon as I move and my back and hips ache or my tummy bulges, I remember!!

I'm sure I'll start dreaming soon. I think it's just that I'm not particularly worried about anything at the moment. I agree with Charmalea - that's why I'm not having the dreams yet!

to all!
    Last edited by Nettie; February 1st, 2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: wrong smilie code!

i had a dream last night where anti natal classes cost me $700 ... so its not just the baby i worry about , its how we will cope with the extra expenses ...

I have had dreams that DH has cheated on me.... when I wake up I hit him telling him that he is a a-hole and what he did... he gives me a cuddle and says dream on!!!

They really are vivid though.... scary!

Had a dream last night that someone was hitting my belly and I was afraid because it might hurt the baby... then I woke up and the little blighter was kicking away! It's getting so strong a kick now that they're invading my dreams!!

Thanks for the reassurance all.

I too have been having scary but so real dreams.... Many times in the last few weeks i wake up crying or screaming....

I have had the same dream every night for the past 2 weeks.

I'm driving my car and suddenly a car slams into the back of my car and its so hard that it pushes my car into the car infront. i manage to get out of the door, stumble to my feet and as i go to yellout to the other driver i feel like i've wet myself, (even in my dream i feel this wettness like its so real) i look down and i have bloody liquid running down my legs..... i start having these massive pains so bad that i hunch over....i call for help and say my baby, somethings wrong with my baby, its too soon, she's not ready (being only 24 weeks now) then i collapse on the ground......

The first time i saw myself in the hospital (like i was watching from above) my tummy is gone and i wake up yelling my baby my baby.... bubs was born but is on machines everywhere, so many complications gave me a 10% survival rate.... and then i woke up crying....

Ever sonce then i dont see anything after i pass out at the accident....

I was that shook up i didnt drive for the first few days after the dream and now when i do drive i'm a wrech and always checking my mirrors like a crazy person....

aww jess you poor thing .. its scary isnt it ..

MEL 09 : i have those dreams too , where dh cheats on me or says he wants to leave me ....

I hate them Lea... plays on my mind flat out... it's hard keeping those feelings in check. I know deep down that he wouldn't, but I question everything! It'll be ok when the hormones settle!