Thread: Do you think its ok?

skorpy Guest

Default Do you think its ok?

I am off out tonight for my Birthday for a meal... I was wondering that seeings I only have 3 maybe 4 weeks left of pregnancy would it hurt to have a glass of wine. I havent drunk a drop all through my pregnancy and I dont like too,havent with all my pregnancies.But I really fancied a glass tonight.

What do you guys think?

I think it's fine if you want it - just don't over-do it! Much as I want wine, I can't drink more than a few sips; I know that in the UK we're told that one unit a day is "safe" but like you, I aren't willing to drink that much! (Maybe half a glass a month, if that.)

I didn't drink a drop in my first pregnancy with Olivia, had the odd half glass when pg with Charlie, and this pregnancy haven't had any, until the past week or so........same as you Skorpy, all of a sudden, I just fancied one!

I asked my OB about it last Thursday.......he laughed and said at this stage of a pregnancy, it would lost likely do Mummy more good than anything else!! (Gave me his full approval!)

I had half a glass last night topped up with soda.....jeez, it went down well.......and I managed to sleep from 11pm - 4am before I needed to wake up and pee.......so I feel like a million dollars today!!

I say go for it.........

I don't think one glass would do harm at any point. If that's all your having, it's fine. So many people don't even know they're pregnant and have drinks then! I had two drinks of alcohol with DD2 and one with DD1. I had a pregnant friend who had a glass of wine every friday of her pregnancy.xo

When i first went to my doctor when i fell pregnant she asked me if i drank.. i said no.. she said youre allowed to have a drink every now and then just dont over do it. Every midwife ive seen has said the same. So yes its ok to have one glass.. and btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

skorpy Guest

Thanks all and ty Kell for the b'day wishes.

Well I had half a glass in the end because I felt quilty with every mouthful,couldnt help it lol.Im not used to drinking while pregnant,but it did go down really well hehe.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

drats, i wish i had known this a few days ago, it was my birthday on Saturday and i drank pineapple juice and mineral water, wishing i could have a white wine spritzer instead!

lol, you live and learn.

hope you had a good birthday skorpy!

skorpy Guest

Yes thankyou Gigi

But if you feel the need for glass of wine,you dont need it to be a birthday to have one.Iv just learned myself you are allowed to treat yourself now and again.

I don't mind the odd glass of wine. I rarely drink, even when I'm not pregnant but occasionally if we go out it's just nice to have a glass of wine.

Does anyone else get really self- conscious if you have a drink in public, like people are looking at you and disapproving? Maybe it's just me being paranoid!

bon I get it all the time, even if I'm not drinking alchohol!! I have the occasional mocktail or something nice to spoil myself & have people looking me up & down... I have been known to stick my tongue out at them in protest though

I had a stubby of beer on the weekend, my first since February....and I enjoyed every single drop
    Go for it.

My mum used to drink beer with me as she swore it was the only thing that eased her hearburn. Can't stand the stuff myself!

skorpy Guest

Yea I know exactly what you mean bon,I didnt drink while I was out,purely because of worrying what others thought of me,I had my glass when I got home.People dont realise that some of us have gone without for months and probably think we drink all the time.

My sister actually had a craving for Bacardi and coke.