Thread: Do you think that watching violent movies will affect your baby?

Default Do you think that watching violent movies will affect your baby?

I love my horror and actions movies, but am beginning to wonder if watching them could have an adverse affect on my unborn baby.

Sounds silly I know...

I thought this too and was worried! I dont watch super scary stuff but watch supernatural(thats scary enough for me!)
    But i believe the baby picks up on emotions so if your really scared he/she may feel it!

Im sure your baby wont turn out to be an waful person if you watch them!lol!

Must say not something that has crossed my mind......luckily i am a wuss and wont even watch the X files or similar. I hate feeling scared or kept in suspense but like boomba said i believe they can pick up on our emotions like been stressed etc so maybe so.

paradise lost Guest

I did whatever i wanted during pregnancy as i figured when baby arrived my freedom would depart (and it did!). But i also found that i couldn't cope with the scary stuff so well, so maybe PG is it's own "protection". I actually know some women who won't even knit during PG as they think any activity which "takes you out of yourself" or diverts awareness away from the body and the baby within it is a bad idea. DD would have been pretty naked if i hadn't knitted during PG! LOL.

Bx

I had the same worry! So far so good with Zander & I watched lots of scary movies. It was cute though, when I jumped so did he! This little one is going to have to deal with Saw IV soon mwahahahaha!

I went and saw the new Resident Evil movie the other week, and sat there and spoke to my tummy and told bubs that it was just a movie and nothing to be scared about.

I am planning on seeing Saw IV soon too

I saw "Wolf Creek" when pg and watched "The Proposition" the night before my waters broke and went into labour. Flynn is super criusy and always has been

That said I am up at 4.45am because neither of us can sleep ATM LOL!!

My concern was missing out on Saw IV on the big screen!!! Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    I had the same worry! So far so good with Zander & I watched lots of scary movies. It was cute though, when I jumped so did he! This little one is going to have to deal with Saw IV soon mwahahahaha!
    They are great movies aren't they???

I was never bothered by watching them when pg.. once bub was here though I was a bit more careful of what i watched.. more so the noise might scare bub then anything

I saw Saw IV on wednesday, Quinn was very active during the pre-movie comercials but I didn't feel him much at all during the actual movie so I'd say he was calm and relaxed.

The movie was great