Thread: Are the doctors wrong??

Default Are the doctors wrong??

Hi all, I had my usual fortnightly visit with the hospital doctors clinic today, my blood pressure was fine 120/70 everything else seems to be going along smoothly except for the fact that im either having one hell of a huge baby or im about 5 weeks further through my pregnancy then we first thought!! Im apparently measuring at 33 weeks and im supposed to only be 28 weeks. I have PCOS so my periods were all over the place and we wernt completely sure if my last period was actually a period or not as it was more like heavy spotting for only 3 days where as they are usually full on heavy bleed for a full 7 days. so thinking maybe implantation bleed? did the docs get it wrong in the first place??

Anyways its kinda scared me a lil bit but the doc has ordered an ultrasound for tommorrow afternoon to find out for sure whether bubby is just a lil fatty or if im actually 33 weeks after all.
    I called DF after i saw the doc hes a lil scared too we are moving house in a week so hopefully we will be able to be set up and ready to go when peanut is ready.
    Have a great day
    Mel

Wow, i'd be scared too! Wouldnt they of picked it up at the 12 and 20 week ultrasounds though? Asuming you had them. Goodluck for tomorrow.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Mel,

My bub is big too, and no, I don't have GD (I was tested) and there is no way my dates could be wrong, as I conceived from IVF.

My Dr seems quite relaxed about it all, saying sometimes people are just predisposed to big babies. So hopefully that's what it is, your bub is lovely and robust, and will arrive when you're ready!

love
    sushee

Hiya,

I wouldnt be too worried. You might just have a big bub.

Im my case, im 32 weeks, measuring 35 weeks from U/S and 41 weeks from that tape measure thing. Pretty normal stuff for me as i have GD and lots of fluid around the baby.

Morning all,

Tegan i have had 4 ultrasounds alreday, 7weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, 18 weeks. I thought they would have picked up anything out of the ordinary in at least one of them but obviously not, Unless peanut has just all of a sudden ballooned i dont know, I have always thought i was a bit further then they said i was. I had the GTT done a few weeks ago and my levels barely budged within the 2 hours so i deffinately dont have GD, The doc said something about it could be an effect from the PCOS but i will speak in length with my GP about it today and see what he thinks.

Well im going for the ultrasound at 2:30 and its 10:30 now so another 4 hours to go but im getting it videoed so i can bring that home and show DF who unfortunately has to work today and cant be there then im gunna head over to my GP with the results so that i dont have to wait till my next hospital appointment. I will post again when i get home.
    Have a great day
    Mel

jelliebean Guest

Mel
    You've probably had your u/s by now!!! but, i too am measuring 3-4 weeks ahead of time.....

My 12 week u/s was spot on though.....my 20 week u/s looked only 1 week ahead... at 26 weeks i measured 28..... and now im 30 weeks but measure 34!!!!!

I put mine down to a big bub as the 12 week u/s was spot on, and that is the one they measure for correct dates. As at that time all babies are the same size...... its only after 12 weeks they grow at different rates....

Melon - I hope your dates are all normal.
    I was put back dates. But they say that the best time to get a direct date you are due is in the 7 week u/s coz there is no way they can get the measuments wrong coz the little baby is not moving around or anything.

Hope it all goes well

Hey! Im taking it the height you are referring to is the fundal height I too am measuring 3 weeks ahead of dates I have been told this measurement is highly inaccurate so I wouldn't be too concerned all depends on bubs position in the utero

I can't count on my hands the number of gf's who've had babies who were measured (either fundal height or u/s) at least 3-4 wks over and the babies came out normal or small! Sure I know plenty who's dr's were spot on but the trend seems to be that these measurements really aren't as accurate as we would like!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi All, I had the ultrasound done on thursday afternoon, Everything measured perfectly for 29 weeks so not the 5 weeks the doc thought afterall. I was so happy to see my lil bubba moving around and my DF was so excited when i gave him the video of the ultrasound. He just sat and grinned while we watched it.

Basically i have resided myself to the fact that the baby will come when its good and ready, be it on due date be it early be it late, Time will tell.
    Have a great day
    Mel D:

mizzsocial Guest

Im glad all was worked out

jelliebean Guest

so am i