Thread: Engaged?

Default Engaged?

I was just wondering is there a simple way of know if bubs is engaged, its just I think Declan might be he feels much lower of late and it is becoming increasing hard to walk. I need to wee alot alot more too as in every hour when I am awake and I have to get up at a min 2 times durning the night!

I'd say bubs is definitely on its way down.

I had phsyio today and my physio informed me the pain I was having wasn't just PI but also Seth's head...

I swear if I hear one more time "Not long now" I think I'll scream!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Not long now Cailin! oketongue:

Tell me about it Calin and you are like 4ish weeks ahead of me!
    I know bubs was head down from my last midwife check but things feel so different now and my fundal height seems to have dropped as well

OI! What I mean by that is my ob is telling marc I can't go anywhere and it could be any day pfft, and then my phsyio today, then the woman at the cafe (which was kinda nice coz I think I only look fat LOL), everyone at kinder etc etc And I'm not even packed, nor do I really have the inclination to pack LOL!

My fundal height dropped too so I think thats definitley a strong indication of movement going on

I actually want this pregnancy to last as long as possible, my gf said to me that the more people tell me that the more it means I'll actually go over so fingers crossed hey! My MIL doesn't arrive for another week!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Oh gosh no! I don't wanna go over please no!
    Up until 28 weeks I had no complaints what so ever but I am sooo over it now! I am packing bubs bag tonight just because I have nothing better to do hehehehe

hehe... sorry Cailin People say to me this is the stage they were just busting for the baby to come and they were sick of being pregnatn.. but I'm still actually enjoying having my belly and being pregnant. I'm in no hurry. I think come March I'll be happy for him to come at any time, but right now I still love it

As for feeling bubs head engage.. I've no idea Bec! I haven't had any pressure on my bladder at all during the pregnancy yet.. so I'm assuming that when I do, it'll be because bubs head is on it. He's posterior at the moment, so I think that can prevent him from engaging can't it? (I actually don't really know )

Not sure Ivana maybe, so you are telling me through the whole of the pregnancy the freuqency in which you have had to go to the toilet hasn't changed? If so you lucky thing this is about the most iritating part of my pregnancy is that I at least feel like I need to go all the time I will get there and sometimes I get a drible and that it but I feel like I could of widdled for like 5 mins before I got to the toilet. Lately especially as I stand up the pain of thinking I need to go is so bad I think I am gonna wet myself even though I may only have been to the toilet 20 mins ago! ahhh

yikes! no.. I haven't had that at all! The only thing I've had is the occassional foot giving it a bit of a boot (when bubs was sitting breech). I guess I could be going more frequently.. but I'm drinking more water than I normally would too. I do make sure my bladder is empty before going anywhere, even if it means going a couple of times in 15mins.. coz I'm scared it might suddenly become urgent while I'm out.. but that's about it.

I hear ya becky im getting the exact same thing! i ended up in the delivery suite the other night coz the pain was so bad from Peanuts head (peanut aint no damn peanut anymore!! lol ) Mum thought i was in early labour and made me go to the hospital for a check up. The doc at the hospital checked me over and said the mucous plug is still in tact and everything is fine but bubs is head down bum up and theres high posibility i will go early. I cant even put my legs together anymore thanks to the pressure and i waddle like a duck!! All measurements point to being 33 weeks not 30 but scans say im 30 so who knows im somewhere between those. As for urination, Thank god for panty liners lol i get to the loo sometimes and its a dribble but the urge is so bad and the frequency in the last few weeks has been rediculous. My DF and i were shopping for 3 hours last night and i had to pee at least 6 times he was just shaking his head at me he finds it funny. MEN! lol
    Have a great day
    Mel

Hahahaha Melon Declan keeps engaging and disengaging he isn't engaged now and I think he has damn turned breech on me the little devil. mind you it is better than having a head between your legs but give him time by the time I go to bed tonight I bet he is engaged again he is just to active! Dh and I went for a walk to the car yard and back home it would of been 30 minutes I went to the loo before we left and had to go straight there when we got back and yes DH just laughs errrr

Jed Guest

The one thing i don't want is a c-section. I want to avoid it as much as possible but when it comes to the health of the baby then the docs can do anything. I've carried rather low the whole pg so i wouldn't know when my tummy drops. It'll be what i ask the midwife every visit - "Is the head down?"

Jed