Thread: Engagement

Default Engagement

I had an OB appt & scan this morning. All's looking good but on my antenatal record sheet my OB wrote what looks like a '2' under 'engagement' (can hardly read his writing LOL). Do you think that means 2/5 engaged? He only did an scan, didn't feel my tummy or do an internal.

I've also been having horrible BH contractions on and off for about a week now. I'm getting them more frequently now and they make me feel quite crampy (like bad period pains). OB says it's normal though.

Hi Angel.

Yep I would gather that your ob means 2/5ths engaged Doesn't greatly mean anythign though.

Love

katanya Guest

Angel I don't want to let you down, but Felix was engaged for 7 weeks, started at 1/5 for 2 weeks then to 2/5, for 3 weeks, then 3/4 and etc..

I was told by everyone that since he was engaged so early (35 weeks) it would be likely he would come any day..ended up coming at 13 days overdue..

I spent every day of those 7 weeks thinking he was coming any day, and it did my head in, then again, I guess sometimes it does happen or everyone wouldn't have said it!

All the best!

Thanks for that info everyone. Bummer about being engaged not meaning a whole lot though LOL. But shhh don't tell my DH - I've finally managed to get him to seriously start getting things ready for Kynan's arrival LMAO :-$