Thread: Evening Primrose Oil

Default Evening Primrose Oil

I have heard some about ladies using Evening Primrose Oil capsules in late pregnancy to encourage labour. What I want to know is

When do you start taking/ using it?
    How much do you use?
    Orally or otherwise
    And most importantly
    Does it work?

Any info that you can give me is much appreciated.

Take care
    Trish

Fletch, anything short of getting the vaccum cleaner out, hmmm just need to find one with really good suction

Take care
    Trish

LOL trish,
    i dont know about that oil, but i started eating fresh pineapple about 2 weeks before i was due as i heard it would help, and josh came 3 days early, not sure if it was because of the pineapple or not, but it might be worht a try

take care
    Lesley

I used them about 3000 (whatever the measurement is LOL) they come in 1000 & 1500 I think from memory, You can swallow them or insert them in your vagina. I tried both and it didn't do a thing LOL! Paris came when she was good and ready, so next time I think I will be sure to just let nature take its course. For me I found trying all these natural labour onsets none of them worked. I did nipple stimulation, primrose, lots of sex, lots of walking, curries, scrubbing the floor on hands and knees and she just wanted to come in her own good time LOL!

I don't know for absolute certain regarding the measurements so please check first LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin