Thread: False Labour on my due date!!!

Question False Labour on my due date!!!

Hey all, after that post about the full moon I got all excited when I woke up at midnight this morning with strong contractions. My due date is today and I had strong, painful contractions with back pain for 5 hours. They started off 6 minutes apart and some at 10 but always back to 5 or 6 mins for about a minute at a time. Then at 5 am they just fizzled out and I've been getting one or two an hour since. I am exhausted from lack of sleep and frustrated. My previous 2 labours didn't start stop. Anybody else experiencing this?

I've lost track of the amount of times I've thought yep, this could be it, as opposed to just BH, so now I just put everything down to "a pain". Its all a bit tease I think! I keep joking that I'm going to be sitting in a pool of amniotic fluid and still saying "its just a pain". For both our sakes I hope they stop being warm ups soon and we get on to the real thing.

I had sporadic labour with DS for 40 hours (starting at 11.30PM - how rude) and I was so exhausted with minimal sleep etc that I went to the hospital and told them I wasn't moving until he had been born

DD my waters broke on due date at 5.30am - and big fat nothing - had to go in at lunch - still nothing - had to have anti's in case of infection and STILL nothing - until the sun went down, then I had on and off contractions through the night again so was stuffed for the next day when the real stuff happened.

If you can SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP LOL

Good luck

Sounds like pre labour to me Can't be too far away now!

Still here - just little niggles now. Feel like crap. Hoping thats a good sign - shaky and nauseous - probably just tired tho - going to attempt to get some sleep tonight. Have a doc appt tomorrow arvo which I didn't think I would need - looks like I'll be seeing him. V. frustrated. DS 1 was 3 weeks early and DS 2 was 4 days early so going to term is weird- I feel like I've been waiting for weeks! I 'walked' on DS1's trampoline this arvo ...can't bring myself to jump!
    Doc was talking about a cervical stretch if I go to 41 weeks which I'm not sure about - all my other labours have had no intervention and I've really got no idea what a stretch entails or how it affects labour. I'm hoping bubs will get a wiggle on and let me do my own thing!

Ive been having this problem for 4 weeks now.

Im now 8 days overdue but am getting a C section tomorrow due to medical reasons.

Good luck girls i hope it happens for you soon all i can say is gets lots of rest.