Thread: Fears for first time mum

kylie J Guest

Default Fears for first time mum

Hi Everyone,

I'm due on the 22nd of August and have just now finished up work.

I'm concerned about giving birth.I have no idea what to expect of the birth and what to do when the baby arrives.

Did anyone else have fears prior to giving birth for the first time or is it just me.

I have a feeling I will go into labour this week, but maybe I won't.

Anyone with any advice?

Love Kylie.

Hi Kylie

You might like to read the Labour and Birth forum. it is a common question. you can view it HERE

Love :smt049

Hi Kylie,

You might also like to chat with the girls in the Third Trimester Forum, I bet they share similar feelings to you and it is always nice to know you aren't alone.

I know personally I share exactly the same fears as you, and I am not due until December.

Good luck XXOO

Jess

Hi Kylie

I think everyone has those fears when they are pregnant. I have them and this is my second baby! I found reading up on labour and birth and going to the pre-natal classes really helped, but of course there is no way of knowing what it is really going to be like until it is happening. So all I can say is try to relax and not get too anxious about it (I know this can be hard!). Women are built to cope with labour and I think a lot of the time the scenarios we create in our heads are scarier than the real thing.

Bon