Thread: Feel like i have been riding a horse for weeks!!

Default Feel like i have been riding a horse for weeks!!

I just want to know if anyone else feels like they have been riding a horse for weeks. All the muscles between my legs are really sore.

Is this pressure from the baby because i feel like she is really far down.

Its actually quite painfull any suggestions on how to relieve some of the muscle pain.

Hope this makes sense
    Thanks Nikki

oooh I remember that feeling well!!
    Not pleasant really!
    I carried all in front and very low after about 32 weeks - she just kept dropping until I couldnt sit down with out lying back !!!

I found that leaning back in a chair when sitting, standing as little as possible and actually (oddly) walking - very slowly lol) would make me feel better. then of course the squatting in teh hot shower...awwww...hot shower....*drool*

I think what it is is just her pressure on all the ligaments and muscles with are quite soft and stretchy now, preparing for labour (I could be worng!) And all your organs have been pushed aside to make room for her....and she is probably a good 5 pounds by now, so shes getting heavy! (but then you already know that). So rest as much as possible - it willmost likely get heavier and lower and feel even weirder, so rest heaps and try to maintain some exercise or you go all still and it hurts more!

Good luck with the rest of you pregnancy too!!
    HTH
    Alexis.

Hot baths and try to rest as much as you can!

I wouldn't recommend leaning back in your chair as it is very likely to cause you bub to go posterior which isn't ideal for birth at all. You're better off leaing forward in your chair than reclining.

Sarah, I was just about to say the same thing. As tempting as it may be to lean back in your chair you are far more better off sitting forward. If it's really that uncomfy lay on your side for a while.

Heat packs on your thighs and bits might help to ease your discomfort as will warm baths. Try not to be on your feet for too long as it will only cause more pressure too.

I couldnt lean forward, she was too low, and never turned either lol so leaning back was the only way I could relieve the pressure on my hips (i was standing 16 hours a day at work until i was 8 months...

Thanks for your help girls. I have been putting both boys in the bath with me so a little bit squashy but still it feels nice. I actually find that i am most comfortable when leaning forward when sitting anyway. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Nikki

Good to hear that your bath, even if you had to share it, made you feel nicer hun.

Enjoy the next 6 weeks as much as you can