Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling STRESSED!!!! 2 days to go!!!

spreckemily Guest

Default Feeling STRESSED!!!! 2 days to go!!!

Hi All!!

For the past week and a half I have had a false alarm every day/evening. I have regular abdominal pains with a sharp stabbing sensation like someone is stabbing me repeatedly upwards towards cervix. (you get the piccie)

This lasts for an hour, then stops!!! AARRGGHHH

I am soooooo tired and worn out.

I also have a VERY heavy CM discharge and I keep thinking my waters have broken it's so watery. I keep second guessing my body.

I also had an appt today at the hospital. My appt time was 9.40am. I was at reception on time, but had to wait for 20 - 30 mins in line to "check in". I then had to wait for over an hour for my 9.40 appt which started at past 11.00 am. The real kicker is that a woman who was sitting next to me was seeing the same dr as me and her appt was 950 and she got in before me!! WTF!!! I questioned a midwife who said because I was "late" that the oter woman got to go in before me!! WTF!!!! I told her that I was here on time, but I had to wait for so long at reception in line, then amidwife interrupted my receptionist and pulled her away from the counter to deal with some other paperwork while I had to wait. The midwife would not listen and said that's our policy!! So basically I am penalised because they stuff up and can't do their admin properly. I am not over reacting because they 2 receptionists on would tidy paperwork up and do other little things while there is a line of 10 - 12 heavily pregnant woman STANDING and waiting!!!

I hate the Royal Hobart Hospital. If I get preggers again I am going private!!!

Melinda Guest

Yep....one major reason we have private health insurance Spreck! Jacob was born at the Hobart Private, and this one will be born at Calvary!

Put your feet up this evening mate and I hope that either things get happening quick smart, or that the sharp stabby pains disappear so you can get a good night's rest in.... (FWIW, I hear you on the stabby pains! Ouchies.....)

spreckemily Guest

Yep, there's definetly alot to be said for the private system!! I'm glad the stabby pains aren't just me!! (No offense meant) I was beginning to worry!!

chelleg Guest

Awwwww Spreck, that sucks. As much as i like to stick up for my public hospitals the waiting in the clinics is ridiculous. It's common for women to wait for up to an hour where i work, and there never seems to be enough seats for everyone. We do the 'same 'first come, first served' kinda thing, so if you're late and the person after you arrived early they would go first. Problem a my hospital is that women are often late because it's near impossible to find a park!!!!

spreckemily Guest

My thing is that I was not late. I had to wait in line for 20 - 30 minutes. THAT made me "late " to check in. I don't otherwise have a problem with the Royal. the staff there are good, it's just the administration procedure.

Melinda Guest

Yeah that's a bit rough when you're not late isn't it!

Those stabby cervix type pains are nasty aren't they - they certainly stop me in my tracks, no doubt about it!!!

Good luck tomorrow Spreck!

Spreck - that sux big time. Maybe lodge a complaint? If you don't then they won't know there is something to fix (at least that's what they'll claim). Stupid stupid people! I hope the pains either give you a break or turn into the real thing so you can meet your little man!

MG

spreckemily Guest

Due today!! Feel like CR$# and can't stop crying. If he does not come this week they will induce me. Really don't want that as last time it went south quickly!!

Was there any medical reasons behind inducing you if he hasn't arrived on his own by next week?
    If not just wait it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    I think she's had enough Fiona and would LIKE to be induced, its completely her decisions.
    Oh ok. I just thought when she said everything went south the last time, that she wasn't keen on the idea this time.

But Yep, sending you lots of LV!!!

spreckemily Guest

I have had enough!!! But I would prefer not to be induced aas I am scared of what happened last time. Both my daughter and myself were in alot of trouble. I also don't think I can last longer than another week. Apparently at my hopital they wait 7 - 10 dayd after you are due, then induce.

Oh Spreck Honey. I hope that your little man decides to meet you on his own very quickly. And I hope that you can have a more plesant birthing experience this time. Sending you loads and loads of LV.

Luv MG

spreckemily Guest

Thanks MG. Will keep you all posted. Melinda will post a message for me when the little devil does decide to arrive.

awww we have a similar issue in our midwife clinic, where you "check in" and then are sent over to the waiting room, 3 weeks ago I checked in and waited & 3 women who came in after me went in before me, it wasn't until I asked the second time that they realised they sent the wrong file in...grrrr.... I had Matilda with me & having a toddler wait fro 90 minutes isn't fun.

I know you are over it, but you are doing so well!! What natural induction methods have you tried? I've already booked in for acupuncture at 39 +5days.

I remember the one time the midwife clinic was running late while I was pg with Glenn. They had a locom Ob on who wanted to see all the mums coming in that day. he was like 2 hours behind. I was waitin gfor an hour & half with my 2yr old & another lady who had 2 kids of her own that were extreamly naughty. My blood pressure was a little higher then normal at the visit & he wanted me to come back. But I snapped at him asking if he thought it was possible that my BP was up due to teh fact I have been waiting for over an hour! When I went to make the re-check appointment the midwife ssaid don't worry about it. its understandable it was a little higher this visit. I think the midwives were actually a little embarrased that people had to wait so long because of this OB wanting to see every single patient. They are normally pretty good. I get there & wait no longer then 5 or 10 minutes most days.

spreckemily Guest

Natural induction Methods I have tried:

Castor Oil: NOT RECOMMENDED!!! DISGUSTING!!!!
    Raspberry Leaf Tablets: I'm currently taking these
    Walking
    Housework (what stuff hubby will let me!!! LOL)

Melinda Guest

What about DTD?!?! I know, I know, you can probably think of nothing worse LOL!!! I think it's a bit of a logistical nightmare at this stage of the game anyway.....hehehe!!!

A friend of mine just gave birth at the RHH around 6w ago, and she was induced right around her due date. Her baby was on the large size, so I'm not sure if that was their reasoning for doing it or if she was feeling like you and just wanted to get things moving??

Either way......I really am keeping everything crossed that the little sausage makes his grand entrance SOOOOOON!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast