Thread: Feeling tired

Default Feeling tired

I am now starting to feel tired around lunch time. The last two afternoons i have fallen sleep but DH has been home to watch the kids. Today i am just starting to feel tired and would love to nap but Kimberley doesn't have a day time sleep and Alex hasn't fallen asleep yet he's still playing in his room.

Anyone else feel the same ?

I've been having naps a lot in the last couple of weeks. I feel a bit slack actually! Even a half-hour lie down seems to help me get my energy up again. Is there any way at all you can get the kids to have "quiet time" with you in the afternoon, where you can sit and play something together or perhaps listen to a story tape, or something like that? Just so that you can get some rest in and recharge a bit. Hope you get your energy back soon...

Sasha i did manage to get 30mins today while they watched ABC kids and i felt so much better after.

Some days i feel so tired i can't be bothered doing anything. When Mya takes her nap i try to have one aswell,but seem to lie there staring at the backs of my eye lids.
    Glad to see that u got a little bit of rest today Michelle Its hard when u have other kids to look after

I am the same Michelle. I find that when I'm at home I am absolutely exhausted by about 1pm (2 at the latest!) and I HAVE to have a nap. I end up sleeping pretty soundly for about 30-40 minutes. When I'm at work I don't seem to feel the same - maybe it's the adrenalin from work running through my body. But by the time I get in the car to come home I am exhausted! Thankfully DH drives most days and I can sleep in the car on the way home!

MG

Do you know sometimes I feel like this in the morning? What I have done on the days its really bad is put something on TV I know Jenna will watch, and layed with my eyes shut on the couch for 20mins or so. I dont think I actually fall asleep, but I doze a little, and it refreshes me soooo much.

I never seem to sleep when Jenna is asleep as I get too excited about having time to myself. Its my BB time, and usually my lunchtime, and also my Oprah time, so poor old me misses out a little.

I have been having some naps lately as well. I fell asleep on the couch the other day while I was checking my emails! I slept for about 30 mins, and then felt a lot better. So, from there, I have decided that I SHOULD nap every day as I feel a lot better if I do. Luckily, my girls are old enough that I can put on a DVD, or set up a game for them and they can play for hours on their own, and they leave me to nap for a while.

I must admit. I have been sleeping almost every day from day one. I sleep from 1 hour to 3 hours and it gives me the energy to run after DS. I sleep when he does. Although he now goes to preschool 2 days a week and i thought i could handle sleeping all day, but those days im normally running around doing things that i cant do with him with me (or things that would be difficult). But i do not sleep well during the night, so i figure if i nap during the day i am catching up.... Preg lady theroy.
    Enjoy your sleep ladies..