Thread: Fetal Heart Rate

Default Fetal Heart Rate

I have heard that by the babies heart rate you can determine(not sure how how acurate) what sex your baby is. Apparently the faster it is the more likely it is to be a girl and a slower heart rate - say around 130 + it is more likely a boy. Has anybody else heard this? I think that it was right in my last 3 pregnancy's, they all had pretty slow heart rates and all of them are boys.

Take care
    Trish

I heard that too... and Matilda's HR was smack bang in the middle the entire time, so it was no help!

I have heard that too and it was a load of hog wash with both my boys. Just another old wives tale.

Love :hbeat:

LOL, I have heard that too...
    I think Aidyn's heartrate was on the slower side... but not all of the time...

I have never heard this one before!

Jo

I've also heard it. But there has been a study to determine the crediblity of this theory and it has been proven wrong. There is no significance to it. I read the study somewhere on the net. I can't remember the site, but I might do a search for it to see what I can find. I know that with Emily it was alway in the middle range. When I had my u/s with this one the heart rate was 164.

Tanya

Hi girls,
    this is a link to the report I metioned. http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/fe...se/ehr-age.htm

Tanya

Thanks for that. I actually came across that site a few days ago when doing a search. Thanks for the link anyway. I guess I will just have to be patient like everyone else.

Take care
    Trish

Pietta Guest

LOL Ryley had quite a fast heart rate so it didnt work for me either- sorry!!