Thread: Fewer movements

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Fewer movements

I know this has been asked before about 3 million times already but I can't remember what the answer is so I'm going to ask again.

All you ladies who about due, have your bubs become quieter? I don't necessarily mean less movements, just much smaller ones, and nothing energetic, not like before.

In fact the little'un seems to be happy to go for 2-3 hours without moving at all, and then when it moves, it's just a side to side shift, it seems like.

Tell me it's the same for everyone! Lol!

love
    sushee

Definitely the same for me Sush! In fact, I've just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to get bubs to move, he's been so quiet all day!

Maybe things are happening sooner than you think!

Bel

Yes, even the king of the killer kick (aka Willmartin) has gotten quieter of late. He's still moving regularly but not as much.

(I still think you're going before me Sush)

Bel,

I think coz this one has always been so active, I can now feel the paranoia creeping back slowly when it's quiet.

Oooerr, maybe sooner than we both think! I'm ready to go when you are, Bel! just say the word!

Fat chance, Mel! I still have 12 days, and you're due today. You are going to go before me, I feel it in my waters! Lol!

Oh Girls it's so scary all of pregnancy isn't it?

I was told that it's b/c there's so little room left they get a comfy possie and stay until they're ready, I wouldn't worry, I no I no easier said than done. cheeky buggers aren't they all.

I too heard its becasue they run out of room to move so much unlike before! I think i will actually miss the kicks and jabs at the moment the little one is going off!

I hadnt felt my bub move at all on Sunday and then became really worried. I tried having a cold drink lying down and only then did I get slight movements. But monday he was back in action. All in all, yes, the movements have become smaller. Id say because there is less room for them to move around.

angelique Guest

Wow girls, I am experiencing this too. My little one is getting more quiet now at certain times. Is it normal even this early? I hardly get kicks either, more like sliding movements.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yup definitely because of less room and our midwife said too that it's baby preparing him/herself for their journey that they are about to embark on.

Good luck Sush, looks like it could be soon.

Yes Sush - I am experiencing this too (and the paranoia of not having felt the baby move for a few hours!)

Dr said it's normal so I try not to stress about it!

Hi Girls

Lack of movement in late pregnancy is normal for a couple of reasons.

1 The baby has much less rome to move because he/she is much bigger.
    2 You are getting used to the movements and dont notice them as much as you used to.