Thread: Flying to Tasmania (32.5 weeks!)

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Flying to Tasmania (32.5 weeks!)

Hi All

My DP has booked us a lovely holiday to Tasmania, we fly out on Saturday. It's mainly for a getaway before our Bub comes along.

I called Virgin and Jetstar and they said that it's fine for me to fly before 36 weeks. I just have one question, how do you PROVE to the airline you are in fact 32.5 weeks pregnant? They only need a medical certificate if you are:

(a) over 36 weeks
    (b) are carrying multiple babies
    (c) have had medical problems during pregnancy

I have a doctor's certificate from my doctor to say when I am due. Is that all you need to show them when you go through arrivals and departures or do they just believe you? I don't want to get there without something and then miss the flight or something because I need clearance!

Thanks for your help...

Hi Bindy...
    We just went to Adelaide from Brisbane (and back) and even though I am only 27 weeks they didnt even ask... the girl asked when am I due but it was out of interest not a professional question.
    If you a worried about it just grab a doc cert and take that with you but you will find they probably wont even ask... unless you are popping out then maybe they will just to cover thier bums
    We also had Jacob with us and I forgot to bring his Birth Cert and she didnt question him either.... but he cant walk so i think she figured he was def under 2

You MAKE SURE you enjoy your holiday!! Just forget about the world while you are away and enjoy yourselvs and the last holiday you will have 'alone'..... Sorry if that sounds ominus ...

Enjoy!
    xoxoxoxo

i used to just travel with my antenatal card - more for if anything happened rather than the airlines benefit - no airline ever asked me.

~Belinda~ Guest

Sounds all positive, thanks girls, flying out in the morning, it's only a 2.5 hour trip, I will ensure I drink heaps of water and get up often to stretch my legs. We are pretty excited!!

Have a great holiday!

Have a great trip Bindy ..... I just checked the Virgin Blue website and came across the same information you did. They dont mention anything about needing to provide anything but they surely wouldnt be able to dispute a letter from your doctor stating your EDD.

Have fun !!!

~Belinda~ Guest

didn't have to give them the letter at the boarding gates or anything. the girls on virgin were lovely and had a good old chat about how they are taught how to deliver in their training! i think a couple of them were worried on flight down as they were asking me if i was okay! haha...just got up twice though to stretch legs but apart from that, i was pretty comfy on the plane.

had the best trip!!