Thread: Funny feeling sometimes when wee-ing

Default Funny feeling sometimes when wee-ing

Please do excuse me if there's TMI in my post!

Every so often I get an odd feeling at the front of my perineum when I wee. It's nowhere near my urethral opening which is where I would assume I would feel pain or discomfort if I had a UTI and it's so random.

It's not painful, just a kind of 'irritated skin' feeling (like if you've been having masses of sex and are feeling a bit 'rubbed'!!!)

It can happen at any time of day and with a big bladderful or a little piddle and doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything.

My undercarriage is still pretty normal looking for all intents and purposes so I don't think I can put it down to engorgement.

Anyone feel the same? Am I just odd?!!?

Sorry if I gave you TMI!!

I'm really not sure what it could be. Are you sure you don't have thrush? Or perhaps it might be due to the excess CM that often occurs during PG... maybe that's irritating things down there?

Sorry if that's not much help! Might be best to ask your doc/midwife.

The only thing I can thing of is that when you sit on the toilet the position and the weight of your baby causes the skin to stretch causing some irritation.

Thanks both!

I'd thought about the thrush idea but I'm quite sure it's not that as there's not really a stinging or painful sensation with it...just a bit of a rubbed feeling. I do have more milky CM now than before I was preggers but I think it's pretty normal. Alan, the stretching skin thing could be an idea, I'll have a good think about it next time I'm on the toilet!