Thread: Furious!

Default Furious!

I had my GD test last Thursday and the lady said if it was positive that she would let me know straight away as to set my mind at ease. Not to mention they should have had this test done at 25-28 weeks pregnant, not at 33 weeks! Anway I didn't geta call back and kept saying to my DH , I know I have it I have had for the last 3 pregnancies, so I just know it, its a gut feeling. Anyway I didnt get a phone call back so decided to ring them because I just didnt believe I didnt have it again this time. So I ranga dn got abused by this Diabetes women saying well they wouldn't have said that they will ring back because we dont do that here, BS they ahve the alst three times I have had it they have rung back. Anyway she then said, well you dont have it anyways cause no news is good news right,a nd was such a rude cow about that I was balling my eyes out when I got off the phone!

So now a week later I just get a phone call from the midwife saying, sorry to tell you but your test came back positive and its quite high this time too. We need to have you come in as soon as possible. So I "DO" have GD and bad this time! I am furious! Furious they are only finding out now at 34 weeks prenant and I have had NO monortoring whats so ever! I knew I had it!

This pregnancy with how I have compleniend so many times since turning 30 weeks how this baby feels big, and this whole pregnancy feels like when I had our fourth child, and she was 9 and a half pounds and I had GD with her too and it was "NEVER" monitored ith that pregnancy!

OK so sorry to ramble, hubbie is not here and no one else to tell right this minute!

Oh soul.. u poor darling... id be upset too....wat a rude cow....

I hope u can get ur GD under control and that ur bubba isnt going to be to big!!

Goodluck

Na'w thanks beautiful lady!

Do you think having GD means the baby "WILL BE" Big?

Feels big but you just can't tell!

I think they6 should do a ultrasound to see how he is growing, but I bet my life on it they won't!

How awful Soul!!!

Gee...people are so unnecessarily rude...

I hope that you get the best of monitoring and management from here on in...

All the best!!!

Soul. That is awful treatment!!!!! Can you request an extra u/s to check on bub's size? I hope they give you close monitoring for the remainder of your PG. Can you make an official complaint about how you were treated by that woman? You don't have to do it right away - you could leave it until after bub is born.

MG

Hugs Soul. I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a rude person. No one should be spoken to like that!

I hope you can manage your GD without too many probs and that bubs isn't too big. I'd be looking for an u/s if it was me too.

My dr thought i had GD with my DD. And he said if i do my bub is goin to be big and ill prob be induced....it turned out i didnt have it....

Id ask for an u/s....at least u asked if they say no.

Hi Soul

You will more than likely be referred for another ultrasound to check the size of your baby.

Having said that, it is not necessarily a given that bubs will be big! I had full blown GD all three pregnancies (on heaps of insulin) and my babies were 8lb, 6pd 7oz and 7pd 1oz respectively!

Try to make sure your diet is ok and if all else fails, push push push till you get the treatment and monitoring that helps set your mind at ease!

Best wishes - I'd take a look at the Gestational Diabetes Chatter in the Medical Conditions forum if I were you!

Seeya

Scans aren't always accurate as well.... 2 days before Jovie was born the u/s showed her at 10lb11oz and the sonographer was concerned that I had GD (I was almost 42 weeks). The OB's told me I had to be induced because of the large baby. Jovie came out 8lb 13oz. So no where near the same size. She was tall & had a large head which made them think she was bigger because scans only measure the length of the bones and not body fat. Its is totally impossible for a scan to measure body fat.

Oh no Soul, I have been following your threads in this forum because you & I have had so many alike complaints in the last few weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that you received such rude treatment! Especially at such a late stage in your pregnancy, actually, what am I saying, you should never receive such treatment! Isn't it common knowledge & general practice that you only get a call when a test is returned positive? I was sure that was policy throughout everywhere, it's the same with pap-smears etc... So what's going on with this woman saying they don't call at all??? Stupid woman. Obviously she was either incompetent or rushed off her feet, but no excuse by any means.

I hope you get it sorted & under control very soon & at least get a scan to measure bubs size & growth.

Love Jayne xox

Awww Soul,
    Im thinking of you. What a rude cow! I would complain about her.
    I hope everything is ok and they should offer you another u/s.
    Love Jen