Thread: Gestational Diabetes test

angelique Guest

Default Gestational Diabetes test

Hi everyone,

Ever since I have been on the 3 day high carb diet my baby has been less active than ever, especially today when I did the 3 blood tests. All I could have from the morning was the discusting glucose drink. Her heart is beating strong on the doppler and I did go to see a midwife to check the baby on the weekend and all was fine. Did anyone experience this while doing the test at all? Did anyones baby become less active with more carbs?

I didn't have to have the full test just the one bloods was taken anyway it could just be that bubs was having a growth spurt I notice that every 3-4 weeks bubs goes a bit quiet for a few days and then my tummy pops out more and then he attacks my insides again

angelique Guest

I was beginning to worry as she has not been this quiet and blamed it on my diet much lower in sugar than before.

My sonographer yesterday did tell me that they are a bit quiet at this stage, was that true for you (27-28 weeks?)

The worry sure never stops

From memory I think he did have a bit of a quiet patch around then the last 2-3 weeks he has almost started to get annoying with his movements because he is getting so strong and BIG now they can hurt esp when he turns around ahhhh
    So long as you feel 10 movements a day you should be fine if you are really concerned go in for monitoring it could be bubs is facing towards your back and you are just not feeling them too

angelique Guest

Hey Becky,

Thanks for that. I know what you mean by the hard ones - my intestine gets a beating once in a while especially at about 6am every morning. I guess she is a morning person hehehe