Thread: getting frustrated

Default getting frustrated

last night i had 3 strong braxton hicks contractions within one hour and thought it could mean the start of things, as i am due in 4 days. however went to bed and had a few more but other than that nothing!!! this has happened a few nights ago as well. i am just getting frustrated because it seems like someting is happening and then it doesnt!!
    i am just impatient i guess!

oh and a second question, is it normal to have a decrease in CM this far into the pregnancy?

Hollo, this by far has to be the longest part of pregnancy, and one of the cruelest I think Braxtons are great as they are atelast doing something for your body.Although the falsse hope they bring with them are a buggar. I still remember night of sitting there having them on and off for so damn long my stomach started to hurt abd trying not to get excited for fear of yet another disappointment,

As for the CM, mine always increased and was really watery by the very end of my pg's. Not sure why it has decreased for you, Are you sure it just hasn't gone clearer???

Big hugs to you hun. As hard as it is, hang in there and enjoy what will be you last few days with bub in your belly Atleast while bub is on the inside you don't have to worry about nappies, feeding, sleeping and all the rest of the joyous jobs that lay waiting for you

Goodluck and when the time comes I hope you have a speedy labour.

I know exactly how you feel Hollo! I has contractions on Saturday night that were every 10 minutes lasting for 30 seconds from about 4pm until I went to bed when the decreased to 30 mins and then disappeared!! I was so upset. I'm now 3 days over and am jumping at anything that feels remotley like labour coming on. The thing that frustrates me is that everyone keeps calling me and says are you still there? Like I'm not waiting myself! I hate this waiting game......

Also up until I had an internal on Friday, my CM had practically disappeard, but i'm not sure why?

i know what you mean about people asking 'you still there?' i am not overdue yet and it is already annoying me!! thanks for your replies everyone, its reassuring to know others have felt the same way. i wonder what the decrease in CM is? i didnt bother asking the doctor today because i am not that worried just curious about it really. I had an internal exam today as well so i wonder if my CM will increase.

I had strong BH's that would last for a few hours & go away when I was 39 weeks pregnant. On my EDD I had 3 hours of almost constant tightening. Matilda was born 17 days later. The most annoying thing is people putting pressure on you saying things that aren't necessary... "Is it safe to be this far overdue?" etc etc.... hang in there you are going well!

Keeping my fingers crossed that ur bub will arrive soon

tan1979 Guest

Hollo, I know exactly how you feel, have 3 days to go and have had bouts of mild contractions on and off for about a week, I think I lost my plug 5 days ago but not real sure, so I'm jumping at any slight niggle and it's driving me crazy! I'm tempted to unplug the phone from the wall with people ringing every 5 mins and I'm not overdue yet! Think I'll leave a polite message on the machine or something. Good luck, hope all goes well for you, the waiting game sucks, but these little miracles cant stay in there forever!

With DS I remember the waiting at the end was so hard even without any real niggles. I just had the odd twinge and felt like things were never going to happen. In the end he was only 2 days late and I had no show, plug, waters breaking or anything. Just pains that started at 8 minutes apart but I didn't even think it was labour. DH made me ring the hospital when they were 5 mins apart (about 1 1/2 hrs in) and I said "my husband thinks I'm in labour". LOL!! 5 hours later I was holding my DS - I guess DH was right this time!!!

Hang in there, it WILL happen!!! And it will be worth the wait.

Melanie