Thread: Getting labour started

SarahKay Guest

Default Getting labour started

I am between 10 & 5 days overdue (depending on which dr you listen to), and I am going insane I really just dont want to be pregnant any more, any suggestions for bringing on labour? I asked the dr, she said sex (yeah right) or walking, I've been doing lots of walking but nothing happening. I'm booked in next wednesday to be induced but i really want it to happen naturaly, and soon!

betty.boop1 Guest

iv heard that nipple stimulation can help, stair climbing, masturbation. I dont know whether any of these will help you but anything would be worth a try wouldnt it?
    Goodluck sarah.

SarahKay Guest

nipple stimulation? is there any particular way you have to do it?

betty.boop1 Guest

i have googled it before and read about it, give that a try as im not too sure

SarahKay Guest

thanks

waiting4bub Guest

Hi Sarah
    am only 1 day overdue today, but am as frustrated as you!! hehehe
    Good luck with all the above tips, am trying them too now.

Hi,
    I tried castor oil and orange juice. I think I had 20ml of oil and a glass of oj. It did bring on contractions very quickly. Have you spoken to ur dr re: any suggestions?

SarahKay Guest

I did speak to my dr, she said the best way is sex, sperm has something in it that induces labour, but i just cant bring myself to do it!

Have look at this link from the BB main site - not sure how to do a proper link thingy! Good luck!
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...uction-methods

It's the prostaglandins that your dr is referring to. They are supposed to help ripen the cervix. But semen doesn't have that much in it, to be honest. I have read somewhere that it's more effective if the prostaglandins are taken orally rather than absorbed through the skin IYKWIM. I told hubby and he looooves that idea and hopes I will need his help getting things started

dawnatello12 Guest

My friend just wanted to make it to her pedicure appt she started having contractions right after. I am thinking I am booking a pedicure! LOL

I heard acupunture works well?? Any use that

Hi. Some people, my midwife included, swear by acupuncture. I went last week because my blood pressure was up and it REALLY seemed to help that. I'm going back next week for an 'induction' session, and I figure it can't hurt to try it. Even if it doesn't bring on labour, I have never felt as relaxed as after the treatment I had so even if that's the only result it can't be a bad thing IYKWIM. Good luck

You can also try using clary sage oil & acupressure.
    Last edited by Angel; April 20th, 2007 at 02:14 PM.

hubby and I had sex 2 days before savanna was due.
    the next day my waters had ruptured
    savanna was born the following day on her EDD

it might help... you never know

good luck!!!

ambz

With nipple stimulation you do it to simulate a baby sucking IYKWIM.

The pedicure may have worked cos there is accupressure points on your feet. It's around the little toe area.

Mind you, any stimulation or any attempt to try to get labour going will only work if your body is ready anyway. Sometimes you might get some contractions which just fade out after a little while if your body isn't ready.

I was overdue and for 2 weeks before my due date had been doing nipple stimulation and having foot massages (by DH), walking up and down the stairs, normal walking...just trying to move as much as I could...he was only 4 days over so something may have helped!

I hope that something works for you

Angela80 Guest

Hi there,

My OB told me to expect the baby this weekend as I'm ready and ripe! However, nothing has happened and it's 10.30pm on Sunday night (and a VERY long weekend at that!!). My DH and I have been having sex two and three times a day with him leaving deposits inside of me and NOTHING! I've also been drinking three or four cups of raspberry leaf tea to no avail.

I've been walking, lifting things, doing the washing, cleaning, walking the dog, and even had a little run with him a few days ago.

I'm beginning to think some women try a DIY induction at the right time - I really don't know if they actually help at all!

Anyway, sorry to be of any disappointment! xx