Thread: Getting pretty close to THAT day.....

Cool Getting pretty close to THAT day.....

Hi Everyone

I am just wondering if anyone else in their third trimester and who hasn't gone through the whole "giving birth" thing is freaking out?

I'm starting to get quite worried. I mean, we have birth plans etc but there is a point where these lovely birth plans will most probably go out the window and unpredictability will set in.

I have absolutely no doubt I will be fine, but is there anyone out there who would like to give birth for me?? My DH is not willing - please note, once you have finished giving birth you must leave the room and give me the baby...........it's a thankless job, but someone will have to do it!!

EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK

LMAO Good luck with finding someone

If you really want to stick with your birth plan have you thought of a doula?

You'll be fine but I know how you feel, during labour with my 2nd child I informed the midwife and my DH that it was too hard and I couldn't do it and was going home LOL (too much pethidine I think!)

I'm about to go through it for the 4th time and I am freaking out... I know once I am actually "in" labour I will be fine... trust me, it is no where near as bad as what you imagine it to be... I have to keep reminding myself of that.

You will be fine... wishing you all the very best

Thanks everyone.

Alan, I come from a country community and the midwives here are almost "Doulas". When you do your weekly visit you actually see the midwives and then after you talk to them at length the doctor comes in, the midwife gives him a run down and then you go home. Of course, these are the people that are in the ward with you, so effectively you have formed a Doula relationship with them.

Sorry hun, but i don't wanna do that for u :P I gotta do it my self 2-3weeks after u... and no one seems to want to do it for me either! People should be more selfless lolz!

Gud luck hope everything runs smootly!

I haven't had the freak out yet but i'm sure as the time inches closer and closer I will definitely have my moments and will be hunting out someone to do it for me too. If you should find anyone, can see if they will help us all out?!

Lestypuss
    I was freaking earlier in my pregnancy until some very wise women told me three things that set my mind at ease.

1. that women have been doing this for centuries - we are built to have babies.

2. don't be afraid of the pain - it isn't an injury or wound pain - it is a good pain that means you get to see your baby soon.

3. When you look forward to something rather than dread it - your whole attitude towards that activity changes. The activity itself becomes much easier and much more enjoyable. Women who are excited and looking forward to giving birth are in a completely different headspace to those who are freaking out and scared.

It took a day or so to change my scared attitude into an excited attitude - but now I am really looking forward to going into labour!

I just remembered a fourth thing they said - they said that labour pains are like being in tossed about by ocean waves. If you go with the flow you will float along and be fine. If you fight against them - you drown or at least swallow a lot of very unpleasant saltwater.
    Last edited by Kar; February 4th, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

Good advice there Kar,,,, but I am starting to get those butterfly in the tummy nerves myself,,, and this is my 4th caesar!!!!!
    With only 11 days to go,,,,,, I am taking names of anyone who will do a belly swap for a day or so lol.
    I know it is only being silly,,,,,,But i think i am more scared of going into labour before the caesar???? Just gotta keep the legs closed for another 11 days lol

Strangely enough the whole labour/pain is one thing i have never been worried about, and even now thats its getting soooo close for me ( 2 1/2 weeks to go !! ) i still dont really feel worried. I think im in denial that its going to be that bad HAHAHAHA can u tell this is my first baby !!

I just figure it has to come out. We tried for 9 years to get pregnant so whatever pain i have to endure to hold my beautiful baby at the end is fine by me ( remind me i said that in a few weeks hehehehe )

I think im more nervous/worried about the possibility of having a needle in my back than i am about the pain. Im still unsure about the whole epidural thing if i need it

Hope it all goes well for those of you that are coming up soon, we can get together in a few weeks and compare horror stories !!

Cheers
    Char :biggrin:

I think i started to freak out a few weeks ago in birthing class watching the birth videos. But it was a momentary thing. All along I have known its gonna hurt, but its gunna end too and I cant wait to meet my baby. I am a little anxious, but who isnt?
    Good luck with it all, let me know how you go coz I am curious
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Yes, I am most definitely excited about meeting my baby, there is no doubt about that.

I'll just suck it up and go "with the flow" - I REALLY don't have any other choice. I just thought it would have been nice that someone design something like a bottle next to the bed. You put the appropriate items in there, the cells divide and a little 9 month egg timer starts. Then at the 40 week point it goes *bing* (much like a microwave), you unscrew the top and there's your baby!!

No pain, pushing, tearing, anaesthetic or stitches and even 9 months without someone prodding and poking me........................... yes, I am odd. It's all very "Brave New World", isn't it?