Thread: Going on a plane on 32 wks

yvette Guest

Default Going on a plane on 32 wks

Merry Xmas everyone!

I'm in Seoul,Korea at the moment and thinking of flying to Melbourne on my 32 weeks to give birth. I'm 27 weeks now and has a huge belly . The flight back home is around 13 and a half hours.:mad: I would just like to know if anyone has flown on their 3rd trimester and if there were no problems.:neutral:

Another question is, can you still go around town ,shopping on your 35 weeks? Is still comfortable?:P

I'm planning to give birth in Frances Perry House. Would anyone recommmend a good prenatal & antenatal classes.

Many thanks ,may we all have an easy and healthy pregnancy.

All the best
    Yvette

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Hi Yvette, I flew at 36 weeks from UK to Brisbane and although it was not fun, it was neccasary (DH wass in Oz I was in Eng!). Just make sure you walk around every hour to stop DVT and definatly don't drink!!! Also you may need a letter from your Dr stating your due date and that you are safe to fly. If your airline doesn't require one I would still get one anyway.

Have a safe trip

I flew at 33 weeks from Singapore to Melb. My obs said it was fine...it just worries some airlines in case you birth on their plane!!

i am flying next week,i will be 37 weeks although i am only going interstate.dr said i would be fine but the airline would not take me so i have to pretend that i am only about 33 weks along,i have a small bump so i can pretend to get away with it.
    nikki

There is no medical reason to stop you flying, it depends on the airline.
    Good advice Rachel. Also make sure you drink plenty of water. The aircon can dehydrate you

yvette Guest

Smile

Happy New Year everyone! thanks for all your reply and sorry for my delayed response.
    Hey Rachel, that was a long flight from UK to Oz on your 36 weeks....you were so brave.
    All the best for 2007. i wonder what the generation of our babies will be like.............

I flew early in the 2nd trimester (15 weeks I'm sure) and all was fine but my trip was only an hour.
    Don't worry about PG stopping you from shopping. Didn't stop me Just take it easy and have someone with you if you are worried. I went shopping with DH while I was in early labour.

I flew from Melbourne to Sydney return for a funeral when I was 19w and I hated it. We had a lot of turbulence and my belly just bounced everywhere. I was very uncomfortable.

I hope you trip is a lot more comfortable than mine was.

i flew from Perth to Melbourne and back withing 4 days at 36w, also had to "lie" about how far along i was (they didnt like anyone over 35w). i was just uncomfy (and i had to entertain an 18 month old for the trip too!!) Definitely get letter stating that you're ok to fly from dr, they can ask you for one. And drinks lots of water. I usually try to take a good book, to distract me. Makes the time pass quicker.

Good luck!!

mooshie Guest

my cousin flew from the usa to melbourne at 34 wks to have her baby, she was fine and her and bubby have just gone back home boohoo