Thread: Gone off food

Post Gone off food

Hi knowledgeable ladies

Just wanted to know if it is normal to go off your food? I have not been really hungry lately, im wondering if it is a sign that i could be 'getting ready' for labour? I am 34 weeks 4 days today. I cooked dinner last night and only had a sausage, i felt sick after that. This morn i am forcing myself to have toast. I am waking with AF type pains (had them for days).

TIA Jenni

Hey Jenni - I wouldnt worry too much about th food thing,, as I am the samw way,, infact,, morning sickness has now risen its head for the past few weeks
    I feel soo ill during the day, i mostly go without breakkie,,and can harldy ever think about lunch, so I have to make sure dinner is really nutritious and not fatty.
    As for the AF cramps,,,, I have so been getting these too,,,,in fact, I got woken up the other night with such a bad one,,and i had a bad braxton hicks at the same time....I honestly though i was going into labour,,,, as it felt like it,,and lasted for about 60 seconds,,, not he usuall 20 seconds of my braxton hicks.
    I think the AF cramps are just from all the pressure and pulling,,,but will be checking it out at the antenatal clinic tomorrow,, will let you know what they say
    Chin up sweets,, not long to go now

Oh I feel for both of you, and it makes me nervous thinking that I will be there before I know it! OMG I am petrified, and its too damn late to turn back now!

Hope the appointment goes good tomorrow Lil, Aussie myns today so wish me luck!

Hi Jenni
    I had been turned off my food for a little while... now, I seem to be hungry all the time, and I don't have any room for food!!!
    As for the AF type pains... could they be Braxton Hicks? I have been getting them for the last 2 nights really badly... Our bubbas are getting us very prepared aren't they? lol
    Hope you start feeling better soon. Please make sure when you do have something to eat, it is something that is nutritious as you're gonna need the energy!!!

Hi Jenni
    Yes it is common to not feeling like eating late in your pregnancy. But if possible make yourself eat something, even if it is only a snack. Another trick is to have very small meals often. You could get some fruit and have a piece every couple of hours or so. Also make sure that you are keeping up your water intake.

Thankyou for all your replies, I have been making myself eat, even if it is toast. Also i have been keeping my fluids up, yesterday i think i had more to drink than eat!! LOL. Slushies are my craving atm, so im getting a fair few of them into me.
    Thanks again, i will have to go and buy some more grapes i think...

I'm 34 weeks 3 days. I'v been getting this real spewy feeling like m/s & gone off food aswell,also the pains aswell.
    I asked my gp what it was yesterday,he said that the pains were most likely everything stretching & pulling getting ready for labour. Also the spewy feeling,which is whats putting me off my food, is due to a UTI. Hopefully he calls me today to tell me what it is

Oh I thought I was the only one not hungry! I am so not interested in food, and there is only so much toast a girl can eat. I have had enough of toast and bread, but it seems the only thing I can generally keep down. The other day, the Man and I were miserable together (after he struggled through a day of work) with that brilliant 24hr bug that is getting around. Couldn't keep a thing down. I still feel garbage, and have a migraine to boot! (That I have had for the last three or so days!) I am drinking as much water as I can, but just feeling so blah. Not even blah. Worse. To top it off, I have been trying to sleep on the couch as I feel bad when tossing and turning in bed the last few nights, and baby has taken up high impact aerobics with numerous classes day and night.
    Hmmm, sorry if I hijacked this thread.
    I hope everyone else is feeling good and back on their food soon.

Oh Netix i hope your feeling better soon!! feel free to hijack away sweets. Im feeling horrible still i cant walk now coz of the pains in my pelvis,,,, I hope it all goes away soon!

spiddles Guest

Here I thought I was the only one!!! I thought due to heat I was just nott hungry. Have been keeping up on fluids and vitimans and having small snacks when I feel like it
    Last edited by spiddles; January 15th, 2007 at 12:30 PM.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

I have also not been eating much, not feeling like anything really. Lunch is the worst time for me!