Thread: is it happening?

Default is it happening?

well had my 40 wk appt yesterday and do was concerned about bub size as i want a VBAC so went for an ultrasound, while waiting for it i started to get pain in my lower back, they were coming at regular intervals... Had my ultrasound and the results showed that bub isnt as big as what they thought and looks like its going to be a healthy size... Then had to have a CTG as have been having decreased movements this showed regular contractions, they did an internal and checked my cervix and found it was still closed but was coming foward, gave me an induction date and told me to go home... Got home and at 7 was still having regular contractions and even had to have 2 hot showers to help.... let it go to see if it was going to continue and was even continuing while was lying down tryin to get some sleep.... Decided to ring the hospital and they told me to come in... Went on the CTG and was having contractions every 8-10 min in my back... Did an internal and wow what a suprise my cervix was open and i was 1 cm dialted... I couldnt believe how quickly it took for it to open up considering in the afternoon it was still closed... Told me i could either stay or go home, decided to go home for more comfort.... Got up to get my clothes back on and there was my mucous plug and blood all over the bed.... YUCK..... it was a huge blob....
    Went home and took the pain killers they gave me and got a few hours sleep... Woke this morning with no pain but while laying in bed still got my contractions back.... Got up and went to the toilet more mucous and blood... so im having regualar contractions and was 1cm last night and have had a show..,... i know that this is only the first stage of labour but how far away is the hard labour? do u think this will happen in the next few days?

I think it sounds like you're on the way. Probably won't have to wait days I don't think. Sometimes labour stops and starts like that a couple of times before it really gets going, but being 40 weeks I'm guessing you probably don't have much longer to wait Good luck!

Wow hopefully very soon, everyone is different and my labours were all different so it's hard to say. you need your rest but maybe going for a walk may help move things along. All the best keep us posted

Enchanted Guest

Sounds like it won't be too long for you know hon

Good luck!

ooo good luck! Stay home as long as you can! You will ahve ur bubba in ur arms before you know it!!!

Good luck

I would say that you will soon be holding a new baby

Good luck! Sounds like you will be holding your bub very soon.

Goodluck,

I'm sure if you haven't already had bubby it wont be too much longer now.

Good luck!!! Not long now.

Ooh how exciting! Good luck!

Wow, I'm guessing this might be too late, but good luck, I hope your holding your little bubba already.

Any news ????

you've got us all waiting good luck