Thread: Have I hurt my baby??

Unhappy Have I hurt my baby??

Hi everyone,so today I was bringing in the food shopping and carrying to many bags than I should (!) and I sort if stumbled and fell on the door,door knob hitting me in the belly on my right side where bubs was laying It was quite a hard fall and now I'm freaking out that I've broken babys legs or spine or something! I have had movements since then so thats reassuring but still I'm so worried I've hurt she/he in some way?!How cushioning is that amniotic fluid?

personally I would take a trip to the hospital and tell them what happened they will most likely do a CTG to mak esure bubs is AOK and you rnot contracting I fell at 35+5 weeks and rang hosp they told me to come on up just to be sure :hugs:

Hey Ness!

Sorry you had a fall..I think these bubbas are pretty well cushioned, and especially to do some real damage I think you would need a fair bit of force. I'm sure your little one is nice and safe but why don't you phone the hossy and let them know your concerns.

Ness cheer up hun, your baby will be fine They are very protected in there and would have to be a pretty forceful knock if it was to harm him/her. Try not to worry, i know its hard. When i was pg with ds i was working in childcare and we had a violent child who would kick and punch me in the tummy, telling me he would hurt my baby, i was very scared that ds would be hurt and was part of the reason i ended up leaving work early, but ds was and is fine and a healthy 6 month old. Hope that helps to reassure you. But as the others say if your concerned give your hospital a call just to be safe

I had DS fall on my belly while I was lying on my side a couple of months back. it was really painful and the pain lasted pretty much all day. When I called my ob she asked if I'd had movements since then, so once I did feel them again, and the pain eventually went away (must have been bruising i think) I stopped worrying about it. Generally speaking, I think if something's wrong you'll know - there will be bleeding or no movements. So your baby's probably fine, but I agree with Rach75, call your doctor or hospital and check.

Hi Ness
    Try not to worry hunm it would be very unlikely that you could hurt your baby in any way with a fall like that

Thanks everyone I'm starting to feel abit better now I have my weekly check up tomorrow so will let them know what happened. I am still getting some lovely sharp strong kicks in the ribs so guess thats a good sign (never thought I'd look forward to feeling those!)

when I was 36 weeks pg with DS #2 I stumbled and tripped and landed flat on my stomach on tiled floor, I felt for sure I had hurt my baby but was reassured by my Ob that there was plenty of fluid in there to protect him so I am sure that your bubs will be fine.