Thread: hayfever

allyfield Guest

Default hayfever

I have hayfever really bad and the chemist in town said I could not take anything. I can not take much more of it. My head feels like it is going to explode and I can not stop sneezing or having to blow my nose.

Has anyone else got this while they were pregnant and if so did they take anything?

I also get really bad hayfever and the chemist told me Polaramine but it make syou drowsey and also im pretty sure claratyne is safe to use also!

allyfield Guest

Is it ok to use in last trimester?

A friend had great success with acupuncture for the severe hayfever she had while pregnant. Sniffing peppermint oil can help too.

You can take Polaramine or Avil. Both are class A
    Claratyne is a class B1 Which means that not enough testing has been done to say that there is no problem, but so far there have not been any problems reported

yes polaramine is safe to take 3rd trimester well i hope it is cause i have been taking it heaps!! Good Luck with the hayfever its horrible hey?? i usally take telefast 180 when not preg and that does the job within 10-20 mins i love it!

allyfield Guest

Thanks everyone!

I have never had hayfever in my life until now, the Polaramine seem to work but are making me very drowsy and tired.