Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head down

betty.boop1 Guest

Question head down

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question Im full of them lately. When does the babies head turn down? I have heard its different for everyone but when is the general expecting time and how do you know? Can you feel when the baby turns or if it already has?

I found DD turned around 32 weeks....and i had alot of presure in my groin....and it got worse over the few weeks afterwards....im not really sure when they are ment to turn tho!

Well I'm 29 weeks and bubs is lying sideways lol!

I know some of the other girls in my belly buddies group already have their bubs in the right position for birth though. I think every bub is different!

My first decided that he wasn't sitting on his head, so was breech and never turned. This one was across until about 34 wks I think. I definitely can feel the pressure of this particularly the last couple of weeks.

My babys head was head down at 24 or 28 weeks i think. I cant even remember anymore!

Moving to 3rd trimester pg discussion.

how can you tell??? i get so much movement all over but alot above my belly button and lots in my lower tummy too - but cant tell whats what eg. head, feet, hands etc!

My bubs was head down at 30weeks then he turned breech until 36weeks. I cant say that i really felt him turn though. But he still hasnt 'engaged', ive heard some dont engage right up until labour.

Simone

The head can turn down at any time but it usually happens brfore 36 weeks. To find out which way your baby is facing ask your midwife to show you what to feel on your tummy

First one was already head down at her 20 weeks scan and stayed that way until she was born (or at least was always head down when they checked from that point)
    DS didn't turn until 32 weeks....he had me worried.

Bob has been head-down for a long time - just after 20 weeks or so. I figured out which way he was laying by feeling my tummy and learning his movements and hiccups - which gets easier as they get bigger. My midwife confirmed that I was right earlier this year. He moves a lot, and over the course of a weekend he turned from head down to head up, to transverse to back to head down LOL. That was one wild weekend in my tummy LOL

betty.boop1 Guest

a lot of movements to me feel as though they are around my belly button with the occasional movement near my right rib not much on the left rib so maybe he is diagonal dont know which way up or down though? but i seem to be carrying low and it is taking its sweet time to come up higher i think i will have to ask the midwife on my next appointment, I will be having a ultrasound scan then anyway.

Bettyboop, your movements sound a lot like mine His feet/legs are up under my right rib and that's where I feel some of the stronger movements. I can also feel his bum through my tummy sometimes when it's right in the middle, right above my belly button. I've also decided he's left handed since he seems to like punching my right kidney and I just figured that the way he's laying his left hand would be closest! LOL

I've also had more of a bulge on the left side too - I've been lob-sided for most of the pg. The left side is where his spine/body is so it makes sense.

Definitely ask your midwife how to feel for your bub, mine was very good explaining it

My baby has been head down since 28 weeks and hasn't moved except from side to side since, oh and further down BUT unfortunately not out! Once s/he engaged I got a lot of groin pressure and bladder pressure and a lot more movement down below but prior to that I didn't even realise until I was told, and then when s/he got bigger I could palpate s/he's bottom and leg so knew that s/he was still head down. I wonder if they get a headache from standing on their head for so long, lol!!

octavian Guest

Hi, just to add to your confusion - mine has been head down since my 30 week visit.. I didn't really notice when she dropped exactly, but could certainly eat more once she had!

My DS was head down in every us we had, this one however has barely sat still the entire pg. she was transverse till 28wks then went breech until 34wks and finally wedged herself sort of head down posterior and sort of on a diagonal which she still tends to favour. if you go to the spinning babies website they have lots of info on fetal positioning and belly mapping to help to tell which way bubba is facing

next time u see your gp or midwife, just ask them to tell u if the baby is head down, they can tell easily by just having a feel of your guts. they say from about 32 weeks the baby should hopefully be head down and stay head down, but of course that can change. mine has been head down from about 30 weeks i think, but isn't engaged yet. my due date will certainly come and go with no action, i can just feel it. *sigh*

I reckon my bubs has been head down most of the time lately.

I've woken with some really funny/weird distorted tummy shapes but I think that's when I have been sleeping on my tummy and pushed poor bubs out the side!

He always seems to go back to the left, head down position.

I'm guessing that the larger, stronger movements are kicks and the tapping I feel down low is the hands. And being on the left is really good because that gives you a better chance of having them come out face down instead of face up, which you don't want!

I've been feeling bubs move lower and then higher since the weekend. A LOT earlier than DS, but this is my second time around, so they say that is very common.

I see my MW next Wednesday evening and will be asking her the position this time around as I am in the third trimester, I thought before now wasn't really worth asking as they do move around a lot more as they have more room until the 30+ weeks mark.

I believe from last time though, that my Obs said any time from 27/28 weeks onwards is a good time for bubs to get into position so when they really grow and put on all that weight at the end, they can't really move about and are technically "locked" in to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast