Thread: heart palpitations and anxiety

Default heart palpitations and anxiety

just need to vent.

ive been having really bad heart palpitations ,does anyone else

last weeks i was having chest pains and feelingf breathless so i went to the hospital which i was admitted and stayed in for 4 nites they done scans and have taken blood and found that i was low in b12 so im on every 2nd day injections for that, but so far no news on what is happenning they done ecg and were worried about a heart drop at 110 bpm so thats why thay kept me in hosp they said sometin about angina which has tottally freaked me out but they have said that the risks dont add up and that theyve just done some more test to see what could b the cause i also had to wear a halter moniter for a week to to check my heart , so im now free from that machine it was really annoying .
    they have discussed having a c section but 1st r checking to c wat could b causinbg all this i am really worried next thurs is appoint and i reall am anxious to see wats the matter with me
    ive never had a c section befor so i am worried ??

well i just needed to share

thanks all
    Savina

Savina, I have suffered from anxiety and there are quite a few of us here who have too, so you are not alone.

There is a whole section here and we support each other. You're welcome to come and join in. Here is the link

Savina,

I am having the EXACT same thing! My heart just races & races & the more I try & breathe to slow it down, the more it races & then of course the panic starts setting in. I have never seen anybody about it though, so perhaps I should mention it to my OB next appt, the only reason I haven't is because I didn't exactly link it to the baby as such. I know that sounds totally stupid, but I figured it was more of a 'mental' (LOL), issue rather than a baby developmental issue. KWIM?

I find if I have done something a bit strenuous like pegging out washing, running up stairs, etc... it comes on & maybe that's why I have never really thought of it as anything more & just put it down to my own lack of stamina! hehehe

Let us know how your appt goes Savina & I see my OB next Wednesday so maybe I will mention it to him then.

Love Jayne xox

Savina, I get the same thing. I have had it for years, and at first it is really quite scary. I have just gotten used to it now, and try to ignore it when it happens. Sometimes its a bit hard tho. I think the palpatations actually caused my anxiety, as they worried me so much. I also had a CS because of this, (my choice) and will be having another for no 2. Your Docs will take special care of you, so try not to worry too much. Maybe some councelling may help with the anxiety that it is causing you, and I guess lots of questions for your doc can help and prepare you too.
    I wish you the very best, take care. xxx

I've had pernicious anaemia (severe B12 deficiency) in the past. Here are some of the common symptoms of having a B12 deficiency:

red or sore tongue
    tingling or numbness in feet
    nervousness
    heart palpitations
    depression
    memory problems

Sounding familiar....

B12 is really hard to absorb for some people so the IM injections are a good idea to get you back on track. The other things I found good were vegemite and mushrooms. And Red meat of course.

I think having B12 deficiency with the normal breathlessness and increased heart rate (pounding sometimes) would just make both more exaggerated. It is normal to have a much faster and more pounding heartbeat in pregnancy, it's also normal to be really breathless when speaking or walking about. (My ob is on the first floor and he says even pregnant AIS athletes get to the top of his stairs in late pregnancy panting!). I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by Kar; February 3rd, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

Babushka Doll Guest

Girls, when you talk about heart palpitations, do you mean a racing heart or 'fluttering' heart? I get skipped beats sometimes, and it scares the hell out of me, I have suffered with Anxiety for most of my adult life, and no one of the medical profession seems too worried about them, but boy somtimes it can feel like a jerk in an elevator when it skips a beat! very scary.

Palpitations to me feel like I have a sparrow in my chest flapping to get out. (I was born with heart murmur).

Used to have skipped beats when i was incredibly fit and did a lot of middle distance running - doctor told me once this was nothing to worry about - and was very common in very fit people. (My parents got me into athletics at a very young age to fix the heart murmur).

I skip them too Babushka, and it is really scary. I went to hospital by ambulance because I was dropping every third beat.

KAR- thanks heaps for all that info its really a good feeling to hear some feedbacks on on these type of things, especially as its a big thing for me at the moment.
    i didnt realise b12 deficiency can have all these side affects. i had my 3rd injection yesterday and they do sting more than the usual.
    next thursdsay i should know whats goingh on , im really looking forward to it so i can rest my crazy mind a bit . but after i have the baby they want to do a stress excercise test i better get fit for that ive had one bfore and i was so unfit.

thanks everyone as its good to hear from other people who have the same trouble i hope evryone is doing ok ....
    well only 5 weeks left for me+ yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savina - I hope thursday goes well for you. And yes - B12 injections are not nice!