Thread: Heart Rate

Default Heart Rate

Just a quick question.

I have had a very high heart rate today, and have not been active at all.. what is a healthy resting heart rate in late pregnancy, I know it rises, but by how much??

I've just had a look on the net & I can only find one place that says that there is an increase on the general heart rate of the pregnant woman of 6.5% during PG... everything else I could find was talking about exercise and how not to let your heart rate get above 140-150. Maybe someone else has a more percise answer? Sorry...

One thing though I felt palpatations during PG and it is something that your OB or midwives would want to hear about. They were definately interested and wanted to do more tests to make sure that it was all going okay. Sometimes you can feel palpatations when your blood pressure rises too.

So... Sorry I don't have a quick answer for you

Thanks or that Christy, I have been a little worried as my resting heart rate seams to hover around the 120 bpm and just normal walking about the house, like to make dinner or just house work puts it right up to the 140 ish. Just seamed a little high..

im no expert, but isnt high BP a sign of pre-enclampsia? i would go and get checked pretty soon just to be on the safe side,

Linda

I think 120bpm is a tad high for a resting heart rate, although, I'm not 100% sure, as it could be considered as normal at this stage of pg, as your heart is having to work a lot harder to pump a lot more blood around yours and bubba's bodies...

I think it sounds like something you should speak to your GP or midwife about though, just to be on the safe side.

And until then, just take it easy ok?

Yep, 120bpm is a bit higher than average. My resting heartrate during pg occasionally got that high (plus a bit!) but only because I'm hyperthyroid. Best get it checked out just to be safe.

All the best.

Thanks girls, I have been taking it easy and i have a DR's appt tommorow morning, so I will tell the doc about it..

I hope your appointment today goes okay

How did your appt go Canniel?

The doc was a little worried and told me not to go back to work and rest from now on... (still at work tho, I am soo naughty) It is still hanging around that range, is around 100 when I am resting and laying down, 120 normally and if I am walking about or anything it goes up to 135-140.. so a little draining on me... but if it goes over 150 at any point I have to go straight to the hospital.. am just avoiding any stress.. thanks for asking by the way..