Thread: Heartburn? Indigestion?

Default Heartburn? Indigestion?

I've got a wierd tightness in my chest this afternoon. It's a kind of ache behind my chestplate, and it's more so if I take a deep breath or breathe out too much. In fact I can feel it in my back too, between my shoulderblades.

I've never suffered from either heartburn or indigestion.. do either of these feel like this?

I don't feel like anything is terribly wrong, it's more a discomfort. Pretty sure it's not my heart.. lips are still red and my arms aren't tingling! hehe.

I did wear myself out a bit this morning cleaning out my fridge (damn nesting!!) could it be that? Anyway.. I'm sipping ginger tea atm to see if that eases it, in case it is just indigestion.

Any ideas?

Hi Ivana_baby

I dont think its heartburn I think that you have pulled/strained a muscle with all that nesting

Thanks Alan. Wow.. this could be a full-time job for you, answering peoples questions on BB. There should be an Ask Alan forum

It does feel more muscular than anything. Geez.. it doesn't take much does it? I'll have to be careful with any further nesting urges... or make DH do it!

I was going to say what Alan said to, that it is probably just a pulled strained muscle.

Heartburn/Integestion is like a burning feeling up along your chest area and into your throat.

Melinda Guest

Like Kazz said, heartburn is definitely a burning kind of feeling (ouchies! I remember only too clearly!)

yeah... mum said the same thing, coz I rang her too. It's eased a bit, and DH rubbed my back between my shoulder blades this evening and it's gone off. Definitely muscles I think. Geez.. I'm not gonna be able to MOVE after giving birth I don't think, if I can't even clean out the fridge without my muscles getting sore! LOL.