Thread: help with bag

betty.boop1 Guest

Default help with bag

I know that mum 2 be has started a post on when to start packing her hospital bag but Im courios as to what we really are to put in this bag? Do we have one for the labour, hospital stay and the baby or is it all just in one bag? Im worried that ill turn up with way to much in my hands.

Don't worry too much, take clothes for yourself and some for bub, you can always get your partner to get extra clothes from home for bub and anything else you might forget- especially if the ones you pack are too big/small. Did your hospital give you a list of what to take?

Here is a link to the article on the main BB page on what to pack

HTH

My midwife suggested 3 bags. 1 for Baby, 1 for labour & 1 for me. In the labour bag she said to put in clothes that you want bub to be dressed in after giving birth and said to put in a few t-shirts/clothes for you during labour. This is in case you are in labour for a long time and get sweaty etc....

i had 1 for labour and 1 for hospital stay, hospital provided everything for the baby so i just had to pack a going home outfit which DH brought from home when needed, .

I had a labour bag and a hospital bag. My labour bag was full of snacks, heat pack, tennis ball for massage, CDs, book, drinks, t-shirt - the only thing that I used was the heat pack and 2 CDs and t-shirt (but only for a very brief moment).

My hospital bag had my stuff and babies stuff. Our hospital only supplied nappies so we had to supply the rest. Also had pads, breast pads, toilet paper, pjs, lots of nickers, clothes and basic toiletries.

I took two bags. One was for labour and one was for the stay. Definately put something for baby to wear after they are born in your labour bag - also serves as a good focus tool during labour At my hospital they asked for a nappy, singlet, outfit, beanie and bunnyrug for as soon as they were born. Incidently, when I LEFT hospital, I had about a zillion bags! There was all the extra stuff I made DH bring in for me (laptop to watch DVD's when bub was sleeping and so I could journal, magazine, books, my knitting... and then there was all DD's pressies!)

betty.boop1 Guest

thanks sarah_H the link helped out so much now iv just got to get it all together, gee there is a lot of stuff to take.