Thread: help...keep getting contractions!

Kirsty77 Guest

Default help...keep getting contractions!

Hey girls

I want to know what I'd doing wrong at the moment. No matter what I seem to do I'm getting contractions every couple of days. I have them at the moment again! I know that they are only b/h's but this is ridiculous and I'm getting scared that its a sign that I'm not going to make it to my due date, not by a long shot.

I'm not doing anything physical, I'm at home looking after Gemma. I'm not stressed.Can't understand it!!

I'm sooooo frustrated!!!

Could they be Braxton Hicks?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I got lots of braxton hicks when we were moving house, I was 6 months with Elijah and it was such a stressful time! As soon as we were settled into the new house, they stopped and never came back. Maybe look up irritable uterus? Are you drinking plenty of water? This is quite normal to have braxton hicks though, unless they of course intensify, bleeding is accompanied with it etc - the best thing you can do is try your best to ignore them and play them down... but of course always mention to your caregiver. I never had any BH with Marisa, so it was worrying for me too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kirsty77 Guest

I was thinking that somethings irritating my uterus. It seems to be after I've eaten something. I might goggle it.

I had lots and lots of BH's throughout the last tri with Jenna, and was told this pregnancy after I started getting them again at 14w that I probably have an irritable uterus.
    I dont think there is anything that comes about from it - its just one of those things! I'm sure you will be fine to make your due date

skorpy Guest

I thought the same as you and said to my Husband i dont think i will last till my Due Date.They get so intense and feels like period pains and my stomach is rock hard.And at some points get them every 3 to 4 minutes in an hour.It intenses the further along you are in pregnany.

I've had lots of BH's through this PG and I barely had any with my previous PG's.
    I know they are annoying (my poor DH worries a bit as I usually have heaps at night once the kids are in bed and I'm relaxed on the couch) but in my case they haven't been a sign of early labour.