Thread: Is this the hiccups?

Talking Is this the hiccups?

My little one tends to move around a fair bit. The last couple of weeks, every now and again I can feel a sort of tapping/throbbing close to the bottom of my belly - really irritating if I need to pee! Do you think bubs gets the hiccups, or do you reckon s/he is just smacking me and has a really good sense of rhythm?!

Sounds like the hiccups to me! Its very cute at first... then its gets irritating LOL!

motherduck Guest

Yep sounds like hiccups one of mine started doing it about five weeks ago now it is irritating.

Yep, sounds like hiccups.......all 3 of mine were champion hiccup'ers! (My paed told me it is a good sign of a mature swallowing function or something, so whilst it is irritating, is is normal and healthy!)

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Definately hiccups...wonderful at first, but irritating after a while. Both of mine got the hiccups quite regularly in the 3rd trimester sometimes lasting 20 minutes at a time.

Yep the hiccups. DH used to be able to feel Hendrix hiccuping through my belly regularly. He used to get the hiccups inutero so often and once he was born he chronically had the hiccups for the first few months. Used to drive him bonkers!

Fire Fly Guest

Gee your bringing back memories, ewww i dont enjoy pregnancy

Fraser Guest

oh man Charlie had the hiccups every day at least once - it drove me bananas after a while!!! that definitley sounds like the hiccups to me.

Ah, thank you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    Freya used to get them 2-3 times a day, lasting for around 10 minutes each time.
    Good grief, Mads, I think I'd go nuts if it happened that often!

lucysmummie Guest

Awe brings back memories... Sounds like it to me... Its so cute when they do that and when they come out they do it for the first time and ur like??? huh??? I cant feel it anymore.... awe so cute enjoy its while u can cause it does get annoying later when u NEED SLEEP! LOL