Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiccups?

Question hiccups?

How often does your baby get hiccups? Junior has them atleast once every single day without fail. Is this normal??

Hey Danni,
    I dont know if its 'normal' as such but I can tell you that Jacob had them every day!!!
    its felt so wierd!! He still gets them once every few days to this day (now 5 months old!)

So I dont think its anything to worry about... my MW told me its nothing.

Good luck!!
    xoxoxoxo

DS had, and still has, lots of hiccups. The good news is that, once on the outside, sucking stops hiccups.

its the weirdest feeling in the world. Its like repeat poking in the exact same spot!

Yep, I felt them three times throughout the day yesterday. And really close together, like every 3 seconds? Bizarre isn't it!!!

Jo

you're so lucky you're not at work, Danni - Liebling would hiccup when I was on the phone and couldn't stop and coo at him!

ooohh, i miss that! My little girl would get the hiccups 2-3 times a day in the last 4-5 weeks of pregnancy. My DP would get worried as he didnt think it was normal, I kept trying to reassure him it was only hiccups.

Funny thing is now that she is here she is still a 'hiccupy baby' (as I call her) She even hiccups in her sleep sometimes.................now thats wierd

Two or three times a day here too!

Sounds normal to me Danni, bub gets them at least once a day (normally 2-3 times). I even had it during the night which woke me up.

I used to get the a lot too. Angus still gets them just about every day. Does feel a bit weird at first doesn't it.

Claire would have hiccups almost every day too when I was pregnant. She still gets them everyday too.

Hiccups twice a day at least for Ed too. And I have to agree with Caro that it feels really weird when her head is right down low in my pelvis and I'm feeling all these regular little jumps! Can't say I like them very much - definitely prefer the feeling of her just squirming around in there.

ok this is weird then. MOST of the time when junior has hiccups I feel it down low. Isnt that impossible considering his head his right underneath my sternum?

Bob gets hiccups at least 3 times a day. He gets them more often when I have certain foods and if I have Coke he goes on for ages! Luckily, I don't have coke often! His hiccups are the best way for me to monitor which way he is facing though. He's been head-down for ages, but one day he turned head up for the day. He also moves from being down in the left side of my pelvis to the right side - all monitored from hiccups. I have to say, they get annoying at times, and when he's facing toward my back I HATE the feeling of them on my bowel!!!!

Babushka Doll Guest

haha, my bub has been getting the hiccups every couple of days, like you Caro its right down on the pubic line - I don't like it to be honest, I have this fear that bubs can't breath properly or something

Yep Tia gets them a couple of times a day - the weirdest feeling hey! I feel them down low too but i know she's head down. Any chance Junior has turned?

No junior is still head up...right under my sternum

positive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast