Thread: Hormones

julesy Guest

Default Hormones

Is anyone else out there experiencing incredibly bad mood swings?? I feel as though I have permanent PMS at the moment. The smallest things set me off, little things that would not have been an issue before are now so overwhelming! It doesn't help that my husband is not here (and may not be here for the birth),but I wondered if it could be related to pregnancy hormones???? Not even eating chocolate will help!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Julesy

I'm exactly the same - its horrible isnt it? No-one can do anything right and my DH and kids are walking on eggshells around me all the time. Oh well, not long to go now

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep me to! I just can't seem to control my moodswings at the moment. Its terrible because I know I'm doing it but can't stop!LOL! Its definitely a preg hormone thing.

Yep cant stop it at all feels like permanent PMT.. sigh

Not yet, for me, thank goodness. But it certainly happened in my previous 2 pregnancies, so I am waiting for the moody irits to hit!

Although I am taking In-Liven, which really seems to make my moods a LOT more stable, so maybe it won't hit me this time? Dunno.......wait and see I guess!!

Yes I know I'm doing it too. I'm being irrational and unreasonable and then I get th guilts which just makes it worse

And then I'm happy and calm. My poor family - they probably think I'm deranged. Thats great about the Inliven though Lucy. I might try it because I think the tiredness may have something to do with it.

My poor family - they probably think I'm deranged
    I do know what you mean.......when I was pg with Charlie, in the later stages, DH said that he was scared at what he was coming home too..."I never know whether to expect Rottweiler or kitten.....there was no predictability"....he said it was scary!

I'm not having mood swings as such but I can't help but insult DH. I don't mean to but after I say it I think Aw, that wasn't nice.
    Like last night DH was singing "old Macdonald" to Evan while reading a story book we have about the song. He was being silly (so I thought) with his voice going high & low etc. I said he sounded like a warped CD when he sings like that. he asked what I meant & I said it sounds awlful when you sing out of tone & change the pitch all the time. He didn't say anything but I think he wasn't "trying" to be silly while he was singing...
    I said something else later on & he said I better start saying positive things about him. I snapped at him to get over it. The other night I told Glenn to be careful not get germs on his hands playing with daddy's hair. I also told DH he stunk & needed to have a shower before coming to bed. I wasn't trying to be mean & he didn't actually stink but I know he hadn't had a shower the day before or during the day. So I was basically saying you need to have a shower before coming to bed. But it came out in the nastest way possible.

DH gets really funny about stuff like that, he can't take a light hearted comment as just that, its always a major insult.

LMAO Lucy! After Jenna, DP said I was a TERRIBLE pregnant person, and he was hesitant about going again!
    I'm no where near as bad this time around, although I will admit, I'm really on the waterworks at the moment.
    I watched Oprah today, and was sobbing hysterically for the whole thing. Mind you - it was in Auschwitz touring with a survivor of the holocaust, which is a fairly emotive topic, so I think its understandable. But very, very emotional and teary over here!!

julesy Guest

Oh my gosh, after reading half your replies, maybe I'm lucky my DH isn't here!!! He'd probably go bananas...at least he can be spared the super deranged 'tiger vs kitten' emotions!!

Thanks for responding girls, I hope you all 'get over it' (as my husband would say, I'm sure...) soon. Not long till we have empty bellys and cute little bundles to hold instead!!

Julesy