Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospital Bag

I`m one very disorganised person here, here I am 39 weeks and my bag isn`t packed, I better get around to doing it.

With #1 I had it packed at about 36/37 weeks.

skyelar Guest

*I loved a nice body wash & loofah, much easier than a cake of soap.

*Hair dryer...vain maybe but I felt so much better after a shower & dried my hair. Good for 'down there' to dry off the stitches before getting dressed.

*Snug undies I bought them a few sizes bigger & they didn't hold the pad in place properly I got a bulk pack from Target & chucked them out as I went.

*Sauce bottle~ I squirted warm water on myself when doing a wee, took the sting away.

*I took my own pillow & doona, made the room nice & cosy all the nurses commented on how comfortable I looked with my own stuff around. Hospital sheets/blankets can be so scratchy!

Love the dark face washer trick..will do that this time.

Oh really! I did not know that! LOL

I started packing mine about week 37, so pretty late on. When I went into labour, I had a couple of hours to finish it off. I found track pants and t-shirts a must. I took some hoodies in and didn't end up needing them as the temp in the hospital ward was pretty warm. Make sure you have plenty maternity pads and I found toilet wipes really good if you have stitches, a lot softer than toilet paper!

LOL I saved packing for when I would be in labour, I mean I packed the baby's bag and thats it, so when I hit 14 days overdue I was booked in for induction & packed on that day. I wound up coming back home for a few more days though and then packed again and again LOL.

Such a great thread girls! It's good to see all your different ideas that I would never have thought of!!

Just wanted to dash off a quick reply in here.

I left packing my hospital bag until it was TOO late! I went into premature labour at 34 weeks. I had decided to pack at 33w but ended up having interstate visitors here for a week, so thought I would do it when they left. Not a good idea as only an hour after they left my waters broke and I was told by my OB to get to the hospital quickly!

I ended up having an emergency c/s, so didnt really need a labour bag, BUT all the usual stuff, I didnt have. I had to get DH to pack it all and of course he packed all the wrong things, not pleasant. IF I ever had to do it all again, I would have my bag packed at 30w, just in case!

Wow, what a lot of great ideas! I love the dark face washer idea.

Things hubby had to bring in later so I will pack this time include:
    - more pads
    - more breast pads
    - more tops - I leaked milk over everything and had to change clothes at least a couple of times a day. This was prob worse as I could only feed with nipple shields and milk would get over everything during a feed.
    - hair dryer - as mentioned great for drying off down yonder
    - non-allergenic bath wash and moisturiser for DS - hospital only supplied Johnston&johnston which are petroleum based and not good for his dry skin and ezecema

I stayed in the hospital gown (well actually several different ones) for the first couple of days until the bleeding settled down. Not attractive but otherwise I would have stained so many clothes I would have run out several times over.

I aimed to pack at 35 weeks and actually did at 38 weeks. I think was my way of saying "now I am ready for a baby". Before that I was subconsiously putting it off bcos I wasn't ready!! Lucky neither was DS!! LOL!!

Melanie

Silvi Guest

Why can't I get motivated to pack my bag....all I do is look at my list of things to bring...

LOL I doubt I will even pack a bag till I am getting ready to go. But 3rd time round I am just crusin along thinking yeah yeah, I have aggggesssssss!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12