Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hospital bag

Default The hospital bag

I know this subject has been done like a million trillon times already - but, when do peoples start to pack their hospital bag?

I packed mine when I started to worry about the birth and the whole hospital thing. I think that was around 34 weeks.

I started packing mine today. I'm washing a whole heap of baby things tomorrow and will continue packing it slowly over this week, as I wash things. I've just got all my clothes and baby clothes to go.

I think as a rule they say to have it done by 34 weeks.

I am 29 weeks and already have bubs bag packed, just got to add a couple more bunny rugs and I will pack mine in approximately 3 weeks, cos I am going away to QLD and need to use the bag!

i packed mine around 30 weeks, i think... but then i unpacked and repacked it frequently up until she was born.

i was ultra organised with DD and had my pack packed from about 34 weeks and then i went over due by 1 week and repacked so many times and needed DH to bring the things i had taken out to me in hospy!
    With DS my nesting was during dinner suddenly going out to the car at 7.30pm and repacking the bag and worrying that i didnt have it neat etc... Alexander was bornt he next day..lol..but it was in the car from about 38 weeks.

I packed mine at 39 weeks! I just never got around to it. As it was I went to 40+5 so had plenty of time!

I still hadn't really packed mine when I went into labour (at 37 weeks). Oops!! Forgot so many of the essentials - & didn't the midwives give me a hard time about it!

I was really laid back about my labour bag and just chucked the odd thing in it as I bought it (i.e. pads, drinks etc) and it just lived under my bed until I needed it. I guess I started chucking stuff in about 26 weeks? My hospital bag got started about 34 weeks and didn't get finished until the night before (and I went 6 days over!) ROFL.

MG - what sorta drinks etc did you pack into your labour bag? And...am i going to roll up at the hospital looking like i off on a 3 week holiday with all these bags?
    What size bags did you use (roughly)

I packed sport frinks for me and fruit juice fruit box things for DH. ROFL at looking like you're going on a holiday! You should see some of the stuff people rock up with - don't worry about it! ROFL. I took an overnight bag for my labour bag and an average medium sized suitcase for my hospital bag. I actually left my hospital bag in the car until after I had had DD - so just took my labour bag up with me. There isn't a lot of room in the delivery suite and you don't want to clog it up with luggage! Plus - you're taking stuff up a little bit at a time so noone will notice

HTH

MG

I finished packing mine last night (38wks, 3 days), except for things I still need like my PJ's and toothbrush.

Fire Fly Guest

I havent done mine yet but i think you get a bit lax with subsequent pregnancys. I was so organised with DD, DS i wasnt to bad but this one i havent even bought nappies or pads yet. Still have time though.

I'm doing mine tomorrow!!! 35 weeks 4 days.

First baby I was all packed and ready to rock a few weeks earlier.

I've read that the recommended time is 34 weeks just in case.

i guess i will pack mine then when i finish work at 34 weeks. hopefully, wont need it before that.

I am beginning to pack mine. Will just have it sitting in the nursery and put stuff in whenever I get to it. I guess in a few weeks I will go through it and make a list of what is still missing. I'm going to go to the birth centre and they send you home a few hours after giving birth, so I won't need too much. Still feels like there's so much to take. I think I'll need a seperate "Hubby Bag". With chips and Red Bulls and maybe a few car magazines ;-)

I'm 38 weeks tomrrow and haven't totally finished packing my bags because I still use a lot of the things. I'm going to go through tonight and write a list of the things that still need to go in so I can just grab those last minute things if I need to and won't forget anything.

I bought snacks for DH and packed them and eveytime I check my bag they are gone. So every time I go to the shop I have to stock up again. I shouldn't of shown him what was in the bag for him.

car mags for DH - thats a good idea! Shall have to remember that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast