Thread: How can i get into the right mind set?

Default How can i get into the right mind set?

So throughout this whole pregnancy i have not been in the right mind set at all about the birth. I've not idea why. I had a great homebirth last time (even though the midwives didn't make it). I cannot give it any fault.

I'm having another homebirth but i have no plan at all. I haven't even got a birth pool because i don't know if i want a waterbirth or not. I don't even know what room i want to labour/birth in. Usually i have some idea on what i want.

I have nothing prepared although i have ideas on what i could do. Like i could get some aromatherapy candles from Dusk (my fav shop) and some insence. Or get some massage oils or something but nothing seems appealing or enticing.

I don't feel excited at all. I'm not worried about anything going wrong. I just feel neutral. And that is weird for me because i love to give birth. And having had a homebirth before i love that feeling of being totally in control with everything and just going with it and knowing and trusting that everything is going along as it should.

But right now i am just not feeling it at all.. I'm concerned that being in this frame of mind is going to delay or stall labour.

I know my body can do this. And i know it's on it's way to labour. My braxtons hicks have been quite strong the last week or so and i'm 3cms dilated as of today and bub is fully engaged and in a good position. Everything is ready, apart from my head.

If you've gotten this far through my ramblings, thankyou. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Sounds like you are just confident in things happening and you just going with the flow... you don't have to have anything to birth; you don't need to do anything... you know you are capable of birthing without a pool, candles or a special place... birth just happens

Sounds like you are nesting... looking for things to do, don't feel guilty for knowing you can birth without the aid of anything.

xx

But im not even excited by it. That's what is worrying me. I am impatient for baby to be born but there is no joy or excitment..

Have you got the same midwife care as last time? Maybe it's just all those hormones racing around your body at the moment and you are tired? Are you getting much sleep?

Yes, same midwives. I'm sleeping quite well for being hugely pregnant. Im not tired but i am bored. Maybe it's just boredom and impatience over-riding excitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    Yes, same midwives. I'm sleeping quite well for being hugely pregnant. Im not tired but i am bored. Maybe it's just boredom and impatience over-riding excitment.
    How can you be bored with all those gorgeous kids you have there to run after

I think things will just fall into place soon.... they always do right?

Cause they ignore me lol. DH is home full time so he helps heaps and Lily is at school during the week.