Thread: How early can you start acupuncture?

Kirsty77 Guest

Default How early can you start acupuncture?

Hey girls

Just wondering for those of you that have had acupuncture in the last tri, how early can you start it to bring bub on?? I'm under the impression that if it works it takes maybe a week or two so anywhere from say 37 weeks??

And for those of you who have used it for pain/joint troubles...did it work?? A few lovely ladies have said to try it for my gallbladder problems and at this point I'll try anything!

So tell me your acupuncture stories.................

My hypnobirthing instructor told me its not say to do before 38-39 weeks, and often some people don't do it before 40. So just ring around and get some advice? I know for some it can work within 2-4 days so just be sure you're ready!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have used it for joint & muscular pain in the past and even up until last year. I found 1 treatment to be enough to gain relief for muscular pain. The first time I had it done I had tendonitis in my shoulder due to playing music and needed to be back playing soon and after 2 treatments I was playing again which was fantastic.

Kirsty, I've used acupuncture for arthritis flare ups (I can't wait to get in for this afternoon's appointment!) and to help deal with the PCOS. It works magic on the joint pain and has even worked for helping me to ovulate. The pain relief when I'm treated for my arthritis pain is instant.

I'm afraid that I know nothing about how it works regarding pregnancy, etc, or the gall bladder, but I'm absolutely amazed at just what sticking a few needles in the right places can actually do!

BW

Sorry I'm a dufus, I mean t as in for induction (just saw your sig ) So in that case providing they didn't touch any of *those* pressure points... you should be ok?

*hugs*
    Cailin

I had it just before 38 weeks for induction. I don't believe your baby will come until ready anyway, so I was happy to start then. She did come 8 days early, but I only had the one treatment a week before that. xo